NCL Getaway - Current Menu's

GeoKat27

Hi all, I am debating on whether or not to purchase the Specialty Dining package, but I am having some trouble finding pictures of the menus currently on board. Can someone point me to a current review that has some?

Also, my daughter is really looking forward to the Shanghai's which I understand is complimentary - can anyone share a menu from that, or let me know what the experience is like?

TIA

I don't have the menus, so I'm not a help with that, but on our Getaway cruise last June my husband and I had the 4 Meal specialty dining package. Ocean Blue was very good, but the rest were just ok. We didn't do Cagney's, and everyone seems to love that. By far, our best meals were at Taste and Savor. When booking our cruise for this June on Escape, we decided to skip that package and take UBP and free tips. The food wasn't worth it, for us. We may do one meal in a pay restaurant, but probably not. We did try Shanghai's, and it was good.

Beyond Ships doesn't have the current Ocean Blue menu. If anyone is sailing the Breakaway/Getaway soon and could take a picture of the menu and post it, I'd appreciate it!

We are trying to decide upon our specialties for our upcoming cruise. I'm traveling with some people who have some pretty specific dislikes, so sometimes the "fancier" restaurants won't work for them. (We've had no issues in Cagney's, La Cucina or Moderno.)

Thanks!

I was just looking at Getaway menus on beyondships.com and I think they are old ones. And Breakaway only has 3 sample menus. I'm sailing 12/4 and will probably forget to ask for copies of the menus. Forget - too much wine to remember - that's the same thing, right?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi all, I am debating on whether or not to purchase the Specialty Dining package, but I am having some trouble finding pictures of the menus currently on board. Can someone point me to a current review that has some?

Also, my daughter is really looking forward to the Shanghai's which I understand is complimentary - can anyone share a menu from that, or let me know what the experience is like?

TIA

Hi there!

I reviewed the Getaway here and have some descriptions of the specialty dining and food-http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/search?q=getaway

We liked Shanghai but do get there right when they open at 5:30 if you don't want to get a pager and wait! :) They are only open for dinner and you can ask to sit by where they cook to watch them make the food too! :) There are apps, soups, noodle and rice dishes and desserts. If you have the UBP they have a few specialty drinks too that are included with it. Have fun!! I love the Getaway!