Oceania hotel for Singapore embarkation?

Bowie MeMe

would like to know what hotel (s) that Oceania uses in Singapore. Will embark in April 2017. Thank You.

Do you mean the pre cruise hotel package ??

It is on the website for your cruise ... Mandarin Oriental

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Asia-cruises/singapore-to-abu-dhabi-INS170414/hotels/?sr=%2fcruise-finder%2f%23sailDates%3d2017%7c04%23destinations%3dasia

Are you taking O's pre cruise package or just wondering about hotel recommendations for Singapore?

I guess really both- the pre cruise package (which I just can't imagine actually paying for! too cheap!) and I often stay in same hotel (if I get a deal) or if I have a pre-boarding need/problem there are folks from the cruise line at the hospitality desk who might/could/sometimes can get started on answering the question or solving my problem. My TA is great but sometimes I don't want to use or can't use my phone in foreign country need local help.

Paul or anybody else -- what hotels do you suggest. I am now waiting/hoping for a loyalty deal or sale price. Would love to actually stay at Marina Sands Bay (infinity pool is the attraction) but did I mention I am cheap and need a good price to satisfy me.

Edited by Bowie MeMe

I guess really both- the pre cruise package (which I just can't imagine actually paying for! too cheap!) and I often stay in same hotel (if I get a deal) or if I have a pre-boarding need/problem there are folks from the cruise line at the hospitality desk who might/could/sometimes can get started on answering the question or solving my problem. My TA is great but sometimes I don't want to use or can't use my phone in foreign country need local help.

Paul or anybody else -- what hotels do you suggest. I am now waiting/hoping for a loyalty deal or sale price. Would love to actually stay at Marina Sands Bay (infinity pool is the attraction) but did I mention I am cheap and need a good price to satisfy me.

Those that know me know that I hate to pay for flights or hotels (and I very seldom do). :)

It's a little late considering that you are looking for hotels in April but not too late.

The best bang for your money are the sign up bonuses with credit cards. Free annual nights are a later bonus.

Some of the options include:

IHG (Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, etc) - currently 70K points - often 80K. No annual fee first year, spend $1K/3 months

Marriott - 80K points, spend $3K/3 months

Hyatt - 2 free nights at ANY Hyatt worldwide after $1K/3 months (including those that go for $800+ like in Sydney, Paris, Zurich, etc)

All of these cards are offered by Chase and the points would allow you to stay for free at least one or two nights.

Read about these (and other) offers here:

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/02/70000-points-sign-up-bonus-for-ihg-rewards-club-select-card/

That said, by far the best offer is from Chase for a Sapphire RESERVE card that will give you 100K UR (Ultimate Reward) points that can be converted into airline miles and many free nights at Hyatt and other hotels. Not to mention getting 3 points/$ spent on travel and food towards your future free flights/nights :D

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/08/chase-sapphire-reserve-100k-review/

There is a required spending minimum within 3 months on all of these cards but with your final payment around the corner, that should be no problem (in fact, you can pay part of your final payment early to get your points ASAP).

I would decide very soon which is your best bet.

Good luck.

Edited by Paulchili

Two years ago we stayed precruise at Parkroyal on Pickering, not the cheapest hotel but we booked a club room and did not have to pay for dinner. The food in the club lounge was excellent, the evening canapés were just like a buffet dinner. Afternoon tea was also included.