PRIDE 10-01 change

NHL Philly Fan

October 1, 2016

Dear Carnival Pride Guest,

We're looking forward to having you sail with us tomorrow. We just need a moment of your time to give you an update on the weather and our itinerary plans.

We have been keeping a very close eye on Hurricane Matthew, which is now a major category 4 storm in the Caribbean. Due to the impact this strong hurricane is expected to have on our course and planned destinations, it is not possible for us to safely navigate to the Caribbean. To ensure your safety and comfort, we have no choice but to modify our itinerary.

We will now operate a cruise to New York and Saint John, New Brunswick. We know how much you were looking forward to visiting the Caribbean and we apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

SUN Baltimore, MD 4:30 PM

MON Fun Day @ Sea

TUE New York, NY 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

WED Fun Day @ Sea

THU Saint John, NB 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

FRI Fun Day @ Sea

SAT Fun Day @ Sea

SUN Baltimore, MD 9:00 AM

Pre-purchased shore excursions for Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport as well as any difference in government fees and taxes, will be automatically refunded to your Sail & Sign account. Information about Shore excursions will be available once you're on board.

We will be posting a 100.00 USD per person credit to your onboard Sail & Sign account for your enjoyment. Additionally, we would like to invite you on another 2-8 day Carnival cruise where we will gladly apply a 25% cruise discount* to your next reservation.

While we recognize this is an unexpected change in your travel plans, there's lots to do and see in New York and Saint John and loads of activities and entertainment planned for you on board. However, should you wish to cancel or reschedule, please contact 1-800-CARNIVAL to request a refund or select another date for your cruise.

Thank you for your understanding. Once again, we're very sorry for this change and truly regret the disruption to your vacation plans. More importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard the beautiful Carnival Pride for a FUN and memorable cruise.

Sincerely,

Marichal+Sig.jpg

Arlene Marichal

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers

I feel bad for the people already down in Baltimore with their shirts packed for the warm weather. Better go buy some sweatshirts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was going to say the same. Those driving in tomorrow can change out their wardrobes.

At least they are allowing them the opportunity to request a refund or reschedule. That's normally not an option, but I suppose that they figure substituting NYC and Canada for the Caribbean is just too much of a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

I feel sorry for the people wanting a warm vacation. It was cold going to Canada in July let alone October.

It is NOT cold in Canada in July...

Now, October in the Maritimes is a bit chilly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Karlou

I have a question... When something like this happens and you end up in another US port, are you still able to board with Birth Certificate and ID? Or do you have to have a passport in this case? I know, you should always take a passport, but surely there is going to be a few guests boarding tomorrow that don't have passports, just curious, what happens with that??

I have a question... When something like this happens and you end up in another US port, are you still able to board with Birth Certificate and ID? Or do you have to have a passport in this case? I know, you should always take a passport, but surely there is going to be a few guests boarding tomorrow that don't have passports, just curious, what happens with that??

It's still a closed loop cruise. Everything is the same.

This can't be a surprise, it is, after all, hurricane season.

Would I be disappointed not going to HMC? You bet. But if I chose to cruise in September or October (or August for that matter) I like to think I'd realize I was taking a risk of diversion due to storms!

I will enjoy watching Pride come into NY harbor on the nyharborwebcam.com

Memories of taking Miracle out of NYC.

I hope everyone has a good cruise anyway!

Edited by mizLORInj

Completely fair and reasonable solution. I wonder how the guy who cancelled a few days ago feels, they wouldn't refund his money.

And if he would've waited just a few more days, they did give the option to cancel! Lol

We are only coming in from Harrisburg PA to Baltimore. I feel so bad for the people that travled far to Baltimore and already have there stuffed packed for warm weather. I believe we are still going to go and just make the the best of it. I know I need a vacation still!! Does anyone know if we still get a 25% discount on another cruise if we dont cancel this one?

We are only coming in from Harrisburg PA to Baltimore. I feel so bad for the people that travled far to Baltimore and already have there stuffed packed for warm weather. I believe we are still going to go and just make the the best of it. I know I need a vacation still!! Does anyone know if we still get a 25% discount on another cruise if we dont cancel this one?

I believe we still get the discount.

A quick trip to Wally World for some $5.00 sweatshirts should take care of the clothing concern. They should already have a couple pairs of jeans/long pants for dinner. If not, WalMart sells those for cheap too ;)

People could also buy I <3 NY sweatshirts which would double as warm attire and a souvenir :p

Edited by VASOXFANN