World Cruise 2019

woogie

• 10 months later...

I am just drooling with envy of all those who have the wherewithal to do this cruise. DH is still working and I'm not sure that the boss would let him work "remote" for that long. We've done around the Horn of South America and would eagerly do it again. The rest of the cruise is just full of bucket list place (Easter Islands, New Zealand, Tasmania) and places I'd never even thought about visiting (like South Africa). I guess I better start socking my pennies away and hope that Viking plans to alternate it's two WC routes.

I am just drooling with envy of all those who have the wherewithal to do this cruise. DH is still working and I'm not sure that the boss would let him work "remote" for that long. We've done around the Horn of South America and would eagerly do it again. The rest of the cruise is just full of bucket list place (Easter Islands, New Zealand, Tasmania) and places I'd never even thought about visiting (like South Africa). I guess I better start socking my pennies away and hope that Viking plans to alternate it's two WC routes.

Yeah Peregrina, we have exactly the same scenario. I also like this cruise better because this particular one is full of bucket list. It's 16 months away and what if he finally sais enough working ;p There is still hope...

Love the ports. But based on the LBs added in the short Homelands cruise, I'd need a crane to offload me in London

On the other hand, since they are going to be serving the same dishes over and over again throughout the cruise, you don't have to try to sample everything at one meal.

On the other hand, since they are going to be serving the same dishes over and over again throughout the cruise, you don't have to try to sample everything at one meal.

Good point. I blame the World Cafe for the weight. Never added pounds on the River cruises because the restaurant serves rational portions vs trying some of everything at the WC, then gelato.

Good point. I blame the World Cafe for the weight. Never added pounds on the River cruises because the restaurant serves rational portions vs trying some of everything at the WC, then gelato.

Having no portion control of my own, I try to avoid buffets for just that reason.