Livorno Transportation to Florence & Pisa

suginana503

Hi,

Do anyone know if Oceania provide shuttle from Livorno pier to train station? I know Princess has it but not sure about Oceania. if yes is it doable to take train to Florence, then Florence to Pisa, and Pisa to Pier? I'm not going to visit any museum, just walk around in Florence and take pic of the Leaning tower in Pisa.

Any shared shuttle at pier? I don't see much shared shuttles on internet like Rome does.

Please help! thanks

• 1 month later...

Our plan for the day in Livorno is to leave the ship around 7.30 amcatch the train to Pisa go and climb the leaning Tower, go back to the station and catch the train to Florence. The train to Pisa takes about 15 - 20 minutes and the train from Pisa to Florence about an hour. We intend arriving around 1.00 - 1.30 in Florence and catch the train back to Livorno around 3.30 arriving around 5.00pm for a 7.00pm sailing. If we can get interested people in sharing a cab to / from Livorno train we will otherwise we will use the ships shuttle and buses.

Personally I would just take a taxi to the train station. Even if provided, shuttle buses will take awhile to fill up and get across town to the station. That delay can often be the difference between catching one earlier train over another. Plus the ticket counter is not having to deal with the horde. The cost of a cab was 25 euros last time we were there and you can split it with another couple.

We used www. cruisingexcursions dot com from Livorno to Florence, a lot less then the ship, there were only 6 people in our vehicle. We were looking for transportation only, but took in their Florence tour excursion, as it was only about $20 more, and well worth it. And no wasted 'shopping stops', you are forced into from the ships shore excursions.

They also offer Florence & Pisa transportation and excursions.

For their prices, I would not bother with busses and taxis and trains.

We were very pleased with everything, and would highly recommend their services. :)

We used www. cruisingexcursions dot com from Livorno to Florence, a lot less then the ship, there were only 6 people in our vehicle. We were looking for transportation only, but took in their Florence tour excursion, as it was only about $20 more, and well worth it. And no wasted 'shopping stops', you are forced into from the ships shore excursions.

They also offer Florence & Pisa transportation and excursions.

For their prices, I would not bother with busses and taxis and trains.

We were very pleased with everything, and would highly recommend their services. :)

That's all well and good but knowing what the base price was would be helpful

Edited by Beanb41

That's all well and good but knowing what the base price was would be helpful

You can check-out their tour itineraries and prices on their website here:

https://www.cruisingexcursions.com/

We got a group of 8 together on our roll call and used Tuscany by Taxi to/from Florence. It worked out to 40 Euro per person plus tip. You can check-out their website here:

http://www.tuscanybytaxi.it/

If you want the most efficient use of time combined with the best savings, I, like others, recommend a taxi to the train station. IMHO, too much time is lost utilizing the shuttle and bus. You should easily be able to find a couple to share the cost of the taxi on your roll call.

Our plan for the day in Livorno is to leave the ship around 7.30 amcatch the train to Pisa go and climb the leaning Tower, go back to the station and catch the train to Florence. The train to Pisa takes about 15 - 20 minutes and the train from Pisa to Florence about an hour. We intend arriving around 1.00 - 1.30 in Florence and catch the train back to Livorno around 3.30 arriving around 5.00pm for a 7.00pm sailing. If we can get interested people in sharing a cab to / from Livorno train we will otherwise we will use the ships shuttle and buses.

Be sure to purchase your tickets to climb the tower in advance, while they do hold back some for walk ups you may have to wait a long time for the next available slot. The web site for purchase is here: http://www.opapisa.it/en/tickets/a-few-words-of-advice-before-you-buy-your-ticket/

If you can get tickets for 9 AM you'll be able to tour around the Piazza dei Miracoli and still make either the 11:12 or the 11:32 trains to Florence, buying you an hour more than you planned.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there - can anyone tell me if it's possible to catch a taxi to the train station right from the ship? Or do you need to get a cruise ship shuttle bus from the ship into town before catching a taxi? Also if we decide on a shuttle from the ship into Florence (rather than taking the train) how long is the ride? Thanks