Caribbean check in flight gatwick

Daddyglove

Hi we are flying on saturday 4 feb from gatwick to barbados

We are looking to book a room at the crowne plaza nr gatwick but the breakfast is served from 6.30 am. Would we have time to eat a quick breakfast then get a transfer to the airport

We dont know what time the flight is at the moment

What is the latest time you are able to check in for a flight. We are pre booking our seats

Thanks for any replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Daddyglove

Thomson charter flights normally depart from 9.15am, seldom earlier. If you are Premium Economy 7.30am will be fine otherwise no later than 7.00 am

We always choose Premier Inn at the North terminal, its an easy 5 min walk to check-in desk and no problem to get an early breakfast.

Goto Premier Inn website, much cheaper than booking.com/etc. Saver fare for your date are £29.50 - excellent hotel for an overnight stay with a decent restaurant.

We are looking to book a room at the crowne plaza nr gatwick but the breakfast is served from 6.30 am. Would we have time to eat a quick breakfast then get a transfer to the airport

What is the latest time you are able to check in for a flight. We are pre booking our seats

Thanks for any replies

If the cost of your hotel includes breakfast then obviously you will want to use the facility there, but you might want to consider breakfast at the airport as an option. When we flew from Gatwick we went through security and then had breakfast at the Wetherspoons pub. It did a very good bacon sandwich and cuppa for a reasonable price, or you could get a full English (or any variation thereon). There were other options too.

Thomson charter flights normally depart from 9.15am, seldom earlier. If you are Premium Economy 7.30am will be fine otherwise no later than 7.00 am

We always choose Premier Inn at the North terminal, its an easy 5 min walk to check-in desk and no problem to get an early breakfast.

Goto Premier Inn website, much cheaper than booking.com/etc. Saver fare for your date are £29.50 - excellent hotel for an overnight stay with a decent restaurant.

Wow!! Thats a great price! We have booked an overnighter there for 20th January. We booked it on 7th April and it was £62 for the room which we thought was excellent value, but its obviously not as great as £29.50 :(

Thomas Cook (was South)earlier this year left at just before 10 and Thomsons (was North terminal) about 940. I believe check in opens 3 hours before but despite what some people think, you don't have to be there at that time. We decided that we didn't have enough time to have a nice breakfast so checked in with no delay about 0730 and booked access to one of the lounges. That allows you to use the fast track security clearance which again saves queuing. (I try to avoid queueing). It's not a business class lounge but it was comfortable, the food was good (for us) and it was far nicer than the dangers of spending 2 + hours "browsing" shops with other half in spending mood. Just an option.

Our Thomson flight in November departs at 9.05. We're staying at the Premier Inn and are going to get breakfast after check in and security. Should be a lot less stressful than trying to get it before!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow!! Thats a great price! We have booked an overnighter there for 20th January. We booked it on 7th April and it was £62 for the room which we thought was excellent value, but its obviously not as great as £29.50 :(

Sounds like you probably booked the Flexible rate as Saver rates are not released until about 7 or 8 months before. If you did then you can cancel without losing any money and rebook on the Saver rate which is currently £36. We have done this before at Southampton, booked Flexible to guarantee we will get a room then cancelled and rebooked Saver rates when they were released 😊

Sounds like you probably booked the Flexible rate as Saver rates are not released until about 7 or 8 months before. If you did then you can cancel without losing any money and rebook on the Saver rate which is currently £36. We have done this before at Southampton, booked Flexible to guarantee we will get a room then cancelled and rebooked Saver rates when they were released 😊

Ohh ok, so do I just go into my booking. try to cancel and then re-book at a lower price. The room will be available because, of course, I already have the room?? Sounds a bit naughty really........will P and O let me do the same with a select to a late saver option?? ;):D

Ohh ok, so do I just go into my booking. try to cancel and then re-book at a lower price. The room will be available because, of course, I already have the room?? Sounds a bit naughty really........will P and O let me do the same with a select to a late saver option?? ;):D

If I remember correctly I booked another room on the saver rate first then went back and cancelled the one on flexible rate. You have to pay upfront on the saver rate and cannot get a refund or change dates though.

We have flown to the Caribbean from Gatwick quite a few times. We would always have breakfast once we've been through Security. Our check in time was actually 4 hours. It seems a long time but depending on the queues it can take quite a long time to get checked in and then through security. The queues for check in last February were extremely long - unless you have booked Premium Seating then they are quite short usually. Getting through Security can take ages too - our longest time was about 45 minutes as I remember.

We too have always booked one of the Airport Lounges, No ! Lounge at both North and South Terminals - the North one is better. You get breakfast there - you can have something hot, cereals, croissants etc. It's a much pleasanter, quieter place to wait than the Departure Lounge itself. If you flight is anything like ours you can have an extremely long walk to the Departure Gate so don't leave it too long to start walking once your gate is announced.

I'd rather be waiting in Departure and enjoying a leisurely breakfast there than being in the hotel wondering if I'm leaving enough time to get through Check in and Security. We've always used either the Hilton at the South Terminal or the Sofitel at the North as they both have walkways straight through to the airport. The Premier Inn is very close too.

I'd do anything to ensure I don't have to panic on the day of departure!

We have flown to the Caribbean from Gatwick quite a few times. We would always have breakfast once we've been through Security. Our check in time was actually 4 hours. It seems a long time but depending on the queues it can take quite a long time to get checked in and then through security. The queues for check in last February were extremely long - unless you have booked Premium Seating then they are quite short usually. Getting through Security can take ages too - our longest time was about 45 minutes as I remember.

We too have always booked one of the Airport Lounges, No ! Lounge at both North and South Terminals - the North one is better. You get breakfast there - you can have something hot, cereals, croissants etc. It's a much pleasanter, quieter place to wait than the Departure Lounge itself. If you flight is anything like ours you can have an extremely long walk to the Departure Gate so don't leave it too long to start walking once your gate is announced.

I'd rather be waiting in Departure and enjoying a leisurely breakfast there than being in the hotel wondering if I'm leaving enough time to get through Check in and Security. We've always used either the Hilton at the South Terminal or the Sofitel at the North as they both have walkways straight through to the airport. The Premier Inn is very close too.

I'd do anything to ensure I don't have to panic on the day of departure!

I have not flown for over 30 years so very anxious about flight in March. I have booked Premium seating so hopefully I do not have to queue too long. Do I also need to book an airport lounge after security? Any tips for keeping calm. It is DH special birthday so I have agreed to fly and then cruise back so I only have to get on and off plane once.

I have not flown for over 30 years so very anxious about flight in March. I have booked Premium seating so hopefully I do not have to queue too long. Do I also need to book an airport lounge after security? Any tips for keeping calm. It is DH special birthday so I have agreed to fly and then cruise back so I only have to get on and off plane once.

Since you booked Premium Economy you will have the benefit of fast track check-in and passage thru security. I personally won't bother with buying access to the Airport Lounge at Gatwick but you can - http://www.loungepass.com

Thanks for any replies

Have you logged into your CP on the P&O web-site and checked your flight recently. We have always known our flight details about 9 months in advance?

Either way another option is to stay at Sofitel or Hilton (depending on your flight terminal). You can then check-in and return to hotel for brekkie!

Personally I would never return to the hotel for breakfast. By the time we've checked in and got rid of our cases I just want to get through security - depending on the queues that can take ages - and then go and have breakfast, either in one of the lounges on the the Departure Lounge itself. We've always liked the more quieter atmosphere of the No. 1 Lounge - you can see the runways from there so always something going on, there's seating where you can eat breakfast and then comfortable, soft seating where you can read the papers (supplied) and wait for your Gate to be announced.

I think if I went back to the hotel I would be worrying about getting through security on time - but then that's just me and I'm sure many people do go back to the hotel for breakfast. We've never booked a room including breakfast, always preferring to eat airside.