What is a Royal Cruise Planner (Sr Cruise Consultant?

I got a call today from Royal and a nice person telling me he was now my personal Cruise Planner and was available to assist us with our needs. I was driving so I couldn't ask too much.

Not sure what they do. We generally book online, Next Cruise, and then go too Club Royale to see if we can get a better rate. After that, we turn over to our TA.

Help me with the Cruise Planner..... I know once we turn over the cruise to our TA, the Cruise Planner can no longer help us.

I am just trying to determine which is our best route. Main reason for the TA is to remind us and pay our final payment when it is due. We don't want to miss one of our cruises because we forgot.....

Thanks

JMHO...but I prefer not to use a Cruise Planner...I have just as good service when I call directly (D+ desk) and speak to whoever answer's the phone....I own (control) my bookings and don't ever involve a 3rd party...just what has worked for me with 25+ cruises.

Their just an inhouse RCI rep with a title (drumming up some business)...nothing special or different from the service you get when talking to a regular CSR with RCI.

Edited by Ashland

JMHO...but I prefer not to use a Cruise Planner...I have just as good service when I call directly (D+ desk) and speak to whoever answer's the phone....I own (control) my bookings and don't ever involve a 3rd party...just what has worked for me with 25+ cruises.

Their just an inhouse RCI rep with a title (drumming up some business)...nothing special or different from the service you get when talking to a regular CSR with RCI.

Thanks, wasn't sure..... that helps.

So, nobody knows what a Cruise Planner or Cruise Consultant is or does?

Are you certain you don't mean Certified Vacation Planner? I have been using the same CVP since 2008 to book my cruises. Do not have any reason to use Travel Agents, no matter what perks they give.

Cruise Planner is on RCCL where you plan your cruise activities like dining, spa, entertainment.

Are you certain you don't mean Certified Vacation Planner? I have been using the same CVP since 2008 to book my cruises. Do not have any reason to use Travel Agents, no matter what perks they give.

Cruise Planner is on RCCL where you plan your cruise activities like dining, spa, entertainment.

Of course this is the "proper title"... but no big deal ;)

No one said it was a big deal. He/she asked and I answered. No offense meant.

I said "no big deal". Sorry you misunderstood my casual remark, and I certainly didn't mean your post was offensive in the least :)

A sales person by any other name is still a sales person

Except that they contact you after the sale has been made.... They are more like travel agents than sales people.

They've always helped us get price drops, better cabins, update reservations with new sales, make sure we get all the discounts, move reservations to other bookings, etc. For years, we used the same one until he got promoted. It was great. He probably did close to 30 of our 40 cruises.

It was great working with just one person at RCI.

Except that they contact you after the sale has been made.... They are more like travel agents than sales people.

They've always helped us get price drops, better cabins, update reservations with new sales, make sure we get all the discounts, move reservations to other bookings, etc. For years, we used the same one until he got promoted. It was great. He probably did close to 30 of our 40 cruises.

It was great working with just one person at RCI.

Agree. Hope you were lucky and connected with another great CVP.

Yes, Vacation Planner was used in the followup email they sent me, as well as a Sr Cruise Consultant as his business card title. His phone inquiry was regarding my cruise last week on EN.

Thanks all for the input.

Edited by troykahack