I just got a call from the upgrade fairy!

kylesplash

I thought my cruise was sold out, so I thought I wouldn't get a call!

I am going from deck 1 porthole to deck 11 spa balcony. $432 flat adder. This averages to $30.86 extra per day for the wife and me. That is almost cheaper than the daily spa access. I am soooo excited!

Edited by kylesplash

In most, if not all cases, when they offer one an upgrade it is for one of the following reasons:

1) The room that you already is in is very desirable and they could sell it, probably for an increased profit.

2) The room that they will upgrade or upsell you to, for some reason, they were unable to book (poor location, poor layout etc), and they are willing to give it away at a discount

3) Combination of #1 and # 2.

In any case, buyer beware.

That's not an upgrade, that's an upSELL. There's a huge difference. One does not have to PAY for upgrades.

Interesting. You probably argue with people when they say they won something on ebay.

Semantics aside, I have an email from Carnival congratulating me on my upgrade.

I am excited.

Side note, I would gladly take a free upgrade.

Edited by kylesplash

In most, if not all cases, when they offer one an upgrade it is for one of the following reasons:

1) The room that you already is in is very desirable and they could sell it, probably for an increased profit.

2) The room that they will upgrade or upsell you to, for some reason, they were unable to book (poor location, poor layout etc), and they are willing to give it away at a discount

3) Combination of #1 and # 2.

In any case, buyer beware.

Yeah, I asked plenty of questions. I have seen several horror stories on here. I don't know if my room is a hot commodity, It was a port hole room, which is better than an interior. I actually had the choice of two different balconies. One is a spa on the panorama deck, I read the reviews for the room before I confirmed I would take the deal. The other balcony was near the aft, and below the lido.

I will let you know how it goes.

Interesting. You probably argue with people when they say they won something on ebay.

Semantics aside, I have an email from Carnival congratulating me on my upgrade.

I am excited.

Side note, I would gladly take a free upgrade.

It is an upsell but the important thing is it is a good thing for you

Trust me, you don't want to keep the balcony door open. It is extremely humid in the Caribbean and the cabins are cold with metal ceilings. Within a short time with the door open, the ceiling will be dripping wet with humidity.

That and it's a drain on the A/C. If you have your balcony door open and someone opens your cabin door, there is a huge wind tunnel effect. Better off keeping the door closed.

And now let the arguing begin.

I am going from deck 1 porthole to deck 11 spa balcony. $432 flat adder. This averages to $30.86 extra per day for the wife and me. That is almost cheaper than the daily spa access. I am soooo excited!

Enjoy! I'm having serious cruise withdrawals right now, so I'm jealous! :p

Deck 1 porthole to deck 11 balcony...that is an upgrade no matter how you look at it

I see you on the boards often. I have never been in a balcony before, what tips do you have?

What is the best way to keep the balcony door open?

People use bungee cords

Last few balconies we didnt spend that muh time on it. Will only get balcony if price is cheap over inside.