Concierge

a.madruga

Can someone give us their opinion on Concierge Class aboard Celebrity Cruises, is it worth the extra money for what they give back to their passengers who select this? Looking at this on the Equinox.... thanks to all who help us :)

We will be on the Equinox for the 3rd time in Nov 2017. On deck 8 in 2014, deck 11 last yr, and will be on the slant on 7 next. ( we have also been in a C2 on 9 on the Reflection ) A higher deck, eh, not worth a lot to us. The cabin is the same size, so nuttin special there. The extras, really not worth much.

Can someone give us their opinion on Concierge Class aboard Celebrity Cruises, is it worth the extra money for what they give back to their passengers who select this? Looking at this on the Equinox.... thanks to all who help us :)

IMHO: No on S Class ship like Equinox. Cabin is the same size as the regular balcony. Extras to me are not worth the price. Now if the price is close and you need extra points then you may consider it.

There are a few perks but not enough to justify extra money. We're in CC for an upcoming trip but only because certain deals made it worthwhile. The one big perk for us is the expanded breakfast menu. We tend to eat on the balcony every morning and getting a full breakfast menu is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I used concierge cabins to obtain Elite faster (and prior to getting double points when sailing solo). So if you are getting close to the next level and price is close to regular cabin - go for it

Sparkling wine -- as I do not drink alcohol - usually give it to someone on the roll call. Last cruise, aunt travelled with me and she got credit towards a more expensive wine in the dining room (depends on the wine steward I hear).

Fruit in the cabin -- can do without -- if you want fruit you can always pick up in the buffet

Appetizers -- not very appetizing- only ordered them once and was not impressed. Others that I know - ordered them every day - so depends on your palate

Embarkation lunch -- I liked this on last cruise. There were only a few options but was nice to not have the crowds at the buffet and enjoy a leisurely lunch.

Debarkation when not elite -- enjoyed going to a smaller lounge

Concierge host - this was a big plus when changing excursions, making specialty restaurants reservations. Concierge host on last cruise, left a message daily and when in LeHavre, he left a message to say what times trains were running as there were sporadic stoppages. Others on our roll call, did not know and waited several hours for trains

Would still consider concierge if the price was similar to regular balcony, even though I now have some extra Elite perks.

Just did CC out of Amsterdam on silhouette. Embarkation lunch was nice but there was no priority boarding as everyone was boarding as they arrived.

Appetizers were olives and some kind of paste, stopped ordering them as we were better off getting appies from the buffet and snacking on our verandah.

The sparkling wine, we never got it and we had a drink package so not needed really.

Never needed the concierge. I agree with the last poster and would only recommend it if comes with extra perks you want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We do enjoy the Concierge Class - as long as it comes at the right value/price. Our last cruise on the Connie we were able to upgrade from Ocean-view to Concierge for a minimal cost difference.

What we like about Concierge:

1) Embarkation Lunch - Very enjoyable, leisurely lunch on first day

2) Sparkling Wine - not necessary, but nice touch to enjoy on the balcony

3) Hors D'Oeuvres - nice touch, Johnny enjoys them much more than I do - we don't look at them as anything other than a nice touch

4) Captain's Club Points - Earning 5 Captain's Club Points / night - if you are attempting to reach the next level

We miss the fresh flowers they used to include as part of Concierge - but still enjoy the benefits & would happily book again in the future @ the right price.

Enjoy your cruise - whichever cabin you select :)