Oasis and Hurricane Matthew

Just received an email from my travel agent. It said Oasis was currently safe and sailing from St Maarten right now toward Fort Lauderdale. Said the Oasis should arrive to port on time. I'm not sailing until 10/15, and am not worried and the group out on 10/8 should be fine. Hope all is well on this current Oasis sailing though! My friends Disney cruise to set sail yesterday was cancelled.

Edited by snooze like a norwegian

It is just 12:45am Friday. I can attest to this as we are currently on the Oasis safe and sailing toward Fort Lauderdale. Captain anticipates the Oasis should arrive to port on time Saturday 10/8.

Good to hear. Looks like the FLL airport is scheduled to re-open this morning.

As long as the hurricane stays out to sea we should be fine. Nassau did take a direct hit and there is no way an cruise ship will stop there for up to many weeks before the island can take cruise ship passengers again; pray for the people of the Bahamas. The October 15th itinerary will change possibly stopping in Key West or other ports. I am disappointed about Nassau but the lives of the Bahamian people is more important than me sitting on a beach

I'm watching the Allure webcams, apparently from Labadee. Appears to be sunny and calm in the aqua theater view.http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/webcam/ship.do?shipCode=AL&cameraLocation=%2Fcontent%2Fshared_assets%2Fwebcam%2FAL%2FGallery_1.jpg--AquaTheater.

From this website http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do

We will be delaying departure times for these sailings to give guests more time to arrive to the ship. New departure times are:

Oasis of the Seas sailing from Port Canaveral on Saturday, October 8, will now depart at 7:00 p.m.

Port Canaveral? Wonder if that's an error.

The RCCL agent told me we can't board the ship until 7 PM. It clearly says on website "departs" at 7 PM. I hung up and called back again....they said we can't BOARD until 7 PM! I asked for it in writing because I'm not getting emails or text messages with updates.

Has anyone else heard anything different.

According to a reply Royal Caribbean posted to their facebook page at 9:19 PM yesterday, the Oasis of the Seas will start boarding at 12:30 PM, which is standard boarding time.

Facebook post and RCI reply:

I am on this sailing, the Oct 8 sailing. So, I am planing on the terminal opening around the standard time. We shall see. 7 PM departure from Port Everglades is logical given the possibility of travel delays due to Hurricane Matthew. On the face of it, 7PM boarding would be insane. Although I am familiar with the wildly inconsistent and incorrect phone support that RCI provides.

Edited by RCI_TechNerd
Deleted small attachment and replaced with hyperlink

The latest update from the Royal Caribbean website:

ITINERARY UPDATES

Hurricane Matthew Weather Update

October 7, 2016

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitoring the path and progress of Hurricane Matthew off the coast of Florida.

Majesty of the Seas

Due to Port Canaveral's closure and given Hurricane Matthew's current location and projected path, it will be necessary to cancel Majesty of the Seas' Saturday, October 8, sailing. Guests will have the option to receive a full refund of the cruise fare paid or future cruise credit in the amount of 150% of the cruise fare paid. If you prefer a future cruise credit to be applied towards a future Royal Caribbean Cruise, please contact us by calling 1-866-562-7625. Guests who do not contact us by end of business on October 13th will automatically receive the refund. For your convenience, if you prefer a refund of your cruise fare, there is no need to contact us. The refund will be automatically processed back to original form of payment. Please allow up to two weeks for all transactions to be processed.

Empress of the Seas & Enchantment of the Seas

PortMiami reopened this morning. Empress of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas will depart Miami this evening on modified itineraries.

Freedom of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, and Allure of the Seas

We will be delaying departure times for these sailings to give guests more time to arrive to the ship. New departure times are:

Oasis of the Seas sailing from Port Everglades on Saturday, October 8, will now depart at 7:00 p.m.

Allure of the Seas sailing from Port Everglades on Sunday, October 9, will now depart at 7:00 p.m.

Freedom of the Seas sailing from Port Canaveral on Sunday, October 9 will now depart at 9:00 p.m.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section requesting your preferred method of contact while traveling. You can access online check-in at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin.

If there are any questions, please contact us at 866-562-7625. Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Royal Caribbean International will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will provide updates as soon as they become available.

Chris :)