Evening Butchart Gardens tour in May

jormot

We are on the mid-May Ruby Princess cruise out of Seattle. We get into port at 7pm. Does anyone know if they will be offering this tour early in the season? And if so has anyone done this excursion in the evening like this? Thoughts? Could you actually see any of the gardens? This will be our first cruise to Alaska and I'de really like to see the gardens. Thanks all!

In mid may, sunset is around 8:45 . Its about a 30 minute drive from tne port to butchart so you will have 'some' daylight while at butchart.

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp

If butchart is a priority, disembark the ship in victoria and overnight there. You can take the Victoria Clipper to the Seattle waterfront when you're ready. Just be sure to advise the crew of your plans.

We considered doing a day trip via the Clipper since we'll have a few days in Seattle prior to the cruise. Unfortunately we have to be back to work so staying in Victoria is not an option. Has anyone done a Victoria day trip from Seattle?

I've made many day trips to victoria.

It doesnt give you a huge amount of time but certainly more than with the cruise. Its about a 3 hr trip .... leaves around 8am so you arrive around 11, then the ferry departs around 5pm.

I dont recall the schedule in may.

There are a few other options for daytrips but the clipper is so easy and convenient.

I did this tour at night. The flowers had lights shinning at them ---you could see the names of the flowers. The place smelled soooo good.

They had really good gift shop. I enjoyed it but I would like to do it in the daytime sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are lights all through the gardens. Having been there several times, I wouldn't consider any day trips from Seattle, time is short and a very costly option since that is all you would have the time for.

If a priority for you to get to Butchart and have more time, then going on a round trip Seattle day trip your only option. or look into flying round trip.