Internal Cain on Aloha Deck Golden Princess

markandallan

Hi

We were able to book an internal cabin on the Golden Princess. There are two adults and a seven year old.The cabin is 728, it is under the horizon terrace AFT.

Has anyone stayed in that room or one near there. Do they close the outrigger bar at the horizon terrace early on the golden princess? We are just worried about excessive noise, not worried about a bit of noise by the cleaners here and there.

Even if someone has been on one of the others Grand class ships in a similar area that could help.

This was the last internal room available as it is April school holidays next year.

Thanks

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I doubt there is noise from the bar itself or those going there.

There may be noise when the deckhands put away the deck chairs at night and set them up again the next morning.

We have been in this area & the only noise we heard was early morning when they were putting the chairs out.

Can you get out to the terrace pool aft from the Aloha deck, we are at rear in A728.

Yes, it's a very short walk. I love these cabins, but remember that the aft pool is adult only. I believe there is a small pool for kids right above it though.

Edited by Sillyjilly

Hi markandallan,

We were on the Golden on our last cruise (April 2016) and our cabin was aft on Aloha Deck (starboard side). We were not bothered with noise at all and it was just a short walk to the back door, up a few steps to the adults only Terrace Pool. IMO, a great place to be, pop up the aft stairs (or lift) to the buffet and not too far to walk to the self-serve laundry either. We slept very well every night of our cruise. *sigh* Wish I was still onboard. ;)

I think we were in a732 on our 2012/13 cruise, which was a 14-day cruise. We rarely heard any scraping of chairs by the Terrace pool area. There's a door near the back that you can exit to the deck area. Just go up the stairs there and you're at the back door of the Horizon. Very convenient.

Thanks, sounds like a good spot. Is it adults only pool? as other info is saying adults only pool is the lap pool in spa area.

It's a great spot markandallan. I just assumed the Terrace Pool was adults only. Never saw any children in there. They seemed to hang out at the Neptune or Calypso pools on Deck 14. Incidentally, the Terrace pool is probably too deep for younger children? LOL it was over my head but then I'm a shorty. :cool:

• 3 months later...

Hi Markandallan. We've booked two interior cabins in the same spot on Golden, March 2018. I phoned Princess yesterday and asked, the lovely guy on the phone told me it is definitely not an adults only pool, kids are welcome. I booked in this location because of the proximity to the pool and buffet as hubby and I are travelling with our two kids and the pools are their favourite bit! Enjoy your cruise :)

Hi Sonja thanks. We just got of golden last week and there was always kids in the rear pool. We are on her again on Aloha deck in April. Will let you know about the location when we get back.

Explorer of the Seas Dec 2016

Pacific Eden March 2016

Carnival Spirit June 2016

Golden Princess Dec 2016

Golden Princess April 2017

Hi Markandallan. We've booked two interior cabins in the same spot on Golden, March 2018. I phoned Princess yesterday and asked, the lovely guy on the phone told me it is definitely not an adults only pool, kids are welcome. I booked in this location because of the proximity to the pool and buffet as hubby and I are travelling with our two kids and the pools are their favourite bit! Enjoy your cruise :)

That answer may be partially correct. I've definitely seen "adults only" signs on at least some of the ships I've been on. Haven't paid close attention, cuz I don't use that pool.

The lovely guy on the phone has likely never been on a Princess ship. The Terrace Pool has been adults only on every single one of my cruises. The pool near the spa is also adults only. Both of the main Lido deck pools are open to children.

Whether the "adults-only" rule is enforced is another matter entirely!

That answer may be partially correct. I've definitely seen "adults only" signs on at least some of the ships I've been on. Haven't paid close attention, cuz I don't use that pool.

That is also what I know. I always use that pool due to not being crowded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums