Desserts

Awesome! Our teens are going to be very happy!!

Actually, so am I!😂😂😂

Last time we were on Explorer, it was located on the starboard side, aft end of the pool deck, near the entrance to the elevator lobby.

I was hoping for better desserts on Royal Caribbean as I was very disappointed with my last cruise's desserts on Celebrity! I may opt for sugar free in the future. See if they taste any better! I had some sugar free cookies on Celebrity that were good. I'm not diabetic, but the desserts on Celebrity had a texture I didn't like and were way too sweet. I never tried any of their sugar free desserts other than the cookies. I just avoided the desserts once I realized I didn't like them.

It's becoming more common for restaurants to get rid of their pastry chefs to save money and just rely on the regular kitchen staff to make their desserts, which aren't always seen as real cooking by non-pastry chefs. I wonder if the cruise lines are doing the same.

Also thanks to the person who clarified what biscuits are to British people :)

I thought I was the only one that is very disappointed with deserts on RCI. I'm not asking for a lot, it doesn't even need to be fancy just sweet and good. From what I understand European deserts are less sweet than American so maybe that's part of it but their major market is America so... Maybe its just my experience lately but I can't even seem to get decent ice cream. Every time it seems like it has been refrozen with ice crystals in it. Its been that way on Harmony, Brilliance and Majesty.

After disappointing desserts the past few cruises, I took people's advice and ordered the Mini Brownie Madness. It was much better than what was on the adult menu, and the waiter just nodded when I ordered it. He smiled when DH ordered the same. It was probably the best dessert of the cruise. Thanks, Cruise Critics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've also enjoyed the desserts in Windjammer more than those in the MDR. More variety. The only dessert I really enjoy in the MDR is the Key Lime Pie, and that's also available in Windjammer the same night.

Awesome! Our teens are going to be very happy!!

Actually, so am I![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last time we were on Explorer, it was located on the starboard side, aft end of the pool deck, near the entrance to the elevator lobby.

Here it is on Explorer

IMG_6453_zpsm1q1vis3.jpg

Does the WJ (Freedom class) do scoop ice cream and crepes every night at dinner or just certain nights?

YES - the coconut ranger cookies are the best! I'm bringing a ziploc bag with me next time for a to go bag. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the one thing I always pack, a box of Ziplock bags. Then can grab couple extra cookies that I like for days they aren't available...