Spirits list for sillhouette

LabGuy64

well...we are in a penthouse on our next cruise and are offered 2 bottles ..i did not really like the spirits they offered and the concierge said we could ask for things off the list and that if the had it on silhouette we could probably get it...so i was wondering what the options are rather than just keep naming stuff until i hit something they have on board

Are you interested in a specific brand?

well...we are in a penthouse on our next cruise and are offered 2 bottles ..i did not really like the spirits they offered and the concierge said we could ask for things off the list and that if the had it on silhouette we could probably get it...so i was wondering what the options are rather than just keep naming stuff until i hit something they have on board

I don't think there is likely to be a big difference across ships. Just go to the Celebrity website and click on "Onboard experience" then "Beverage Packages" and then on "Stateroom Bar Set Up." From there you can click on a list of the spirits one can order if purchasing liquor for ones stateroom. Hopefully you find something you like and they will agree to swap it in for your suite perk. I plan on requesting Blanton's bourbon and Patron tequila for my upcoming cruise through the shoreside concierge.

I do know that a PH guest was asked to pay 'something towards' a bottle of a specific scotch on one cruise where we were in the other PH....only know because he asked what we had requested and if we had had to pay a supplement (we hadn't but we hadn't requested anything mega expensive). The items we had requested we're off list but I think both were items included in the premium package- Glenfidich and Convoisier? I think...

I think it does come down to reasonableness....I also don't know if this PH guest had made other requests....

As someone else suggested just request what you would really like and see if you can get it and if not what else they can offer.

Edited by chemmo

Well I don't think it was ...horribly expensive, I think it might be more an issue of if it was in stock....I am very reasonable in almost everything...for beer Newcastle ale was on the list and fine for me....and I did not ask for anything odd....It's just i am particular about spirits.....if I asked for what I actually drink there is no way they would give it, especially free...and I understand that. I asked for a pretty good single malt....Actually they have not said no yet..... I asked for an 18yr old Glenmorangie a pretty good single malt for what it is, and mainstream enough I figured that they might have it. I just wanted to know what I could get as a back up if it was not available

I do know that a PH guest was asked to pay 'something towards' a bottle of a specific scotch on one cruise where we were in the other PH....only know because he asked what we had requested and if we had had to pay a supplement (we hadn't but we hadn't requested anything mega expensive). The items we had requested we're off list but I think both were items included in the premium package- Glenfidich and Convoisier? I think...

I think it does come down to reasonableness....I also don't know if this PH guest had made other requests....

As someone else suggested just request what you would really like and see if you can get it and if not what else they can offer.

Well I don't think it was ...horribly expensive, I think it might be more an issue of if it was in stock....I am very reasonable in almost everything...for beer Newcastle ale was on the list and fine for me....and I did not ask for anything odd....It's just i am particular about spirits.....if I asked for what I actually drink there is no way they would give it, especially free...and I understand that. I asked for a pretty good single malt....Actually they have not said no yet..... I asked for an 18yr old Glenmorangie a pretty good single malt for what it is, and mainstream enough I figured that they might have it. I just wanted to know what I could get as a back up if it was not available

They definitely had Laphroaig and Glenlivet on our last cruise but I don't know if they were vintage...don't know about Glenmorangie (18 year old or otherwise!).

I honestly think if they do have what you want they will give it you....

Another thought....if they don't stock it in the bars but have it in their duty free shop you could have a chat with Michael's Club host after boarding...If you remain unsure what to have just ask in Michael's for them to give you a small tot of each their top ranges, do your own tasting and then decide!

tHAT'S TRUE...JUST PREFER TO CLEAR IT UP BEFORE THE CRUISE ...IF POSSIBLE....RATHER THAN USE UP VALUABLE TIME WHEN I AM ON THE SHIP....:D

If you don't absolutely need to have this waiting in the room for you, this might be a good thing to wait until you are on board to arrange. That way you can get a good sense of the inventory available.

tHAT'S TRUE...JUST PREFER TO CLEAR IT UP BEFORE THE CRUISE ...IF POSSIBLE....RATHER THAN USE UP VALUABLE TIME WHEN I AM ON THE SHIP....:D

When we used to contact the Michael's Club host direct it was things like this that were easier as quite simply they would know what was/was not on the ship's inventory or could directly find out.

Are you still in contact with the shoreside concierge? Have you asked her about alternatives? If she says she doesn't know ask for the Michael's Club email and contact direct.

Best wishes for a great cruise with a tot of your favourite tipple in your hand!