Sweet Tea served in the MDR?

swdke

I didn't like grits for years, as an adult, I realized it was because my dad like sweet grits (butter, and sugar ir jelly) , and I prefer mine savory, usual with cheese and garlic... yum :) born and raised Texan, both of us, but I don't know what the "norm" is here, lol.

Wondering if sweet tea is offered in the Main dining Room? Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I haven't read all the comments, but this is what we do. Order hot tea & a glass of ice. Use packets of sugar in the tea & then pour over the ice. It isn't like what we can brew/make at home but it'll do!

The "iced tea" served onboard is an affront to any true Southerner. That powdered stuff is an instrument of the devil. I usually just do without until I disembark. When the craving gets too severe, I have tried the hot tea approach mentioned above, but it just isn't the same. Even worse is when they put some sort of weird flavoring like raspberry in the tea. The only way I have been able to stand their stuff is doctoring it with lots of sugar and lemonade to make a poor-man's Arnold Palmer.

The "iced tea" served onboard is an affront to any true Southerner. That powdered stuff is an instrument of the devil. I usually just do without until I disembark. When the craving gets too severe, I have tried the hot tea approach mentioned above, but it just isn't the same. Even worse is when they put some sort of weird flavoring like raspberry in the tea. The only way I have been able to stand their stuff is doctoring it with lots of sugar and lemonade to make a poor-man's Arnold Palmer.

The stuff they serve is sort of like Crystal Light isn't it? It's sort of sweet & fruity like that but I don't think that's actually what it is. It's strange & I've never decided if I like it or not [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums