Newbie Questions for Liberty of the Seas

Sorry, I don't think I was clear. It's $234 for 2 devices if both my husband and buy 1 each. If I just buy 2 devices it's only $117. So I was trying to figure out if he needs to buy one too or can we just use the two I buy?

He does not need to buy one also. The 2 device $117 package will work for all your devices, but only 2 devices can be connected at a time.

Sorry, I don't think I was clear. It's $234 for 2 devices if both my husband and buy 1 each. If I just buy 2 devices it's only $117. So I was trying to figure out if he needs to buy one too or can we just use the two I buy?

One person should buy as many devices as both people need simultaneously.

Welcome! I'm on your cruise as well... This will be my second cruise.. First cruise was 17 years ago on our honeymoon... I highly encourage you to read through the Port threads for Roatan, Belize and Cancun and others about RCL in general.. You will tons of helpful information. The folks are on here are great...

Edited by Ginwoo
incorrect word

Your itinerary is a great one. We have been to all of those ports and enjoyed them very much. We prefer booking our excursions through the cruise line, especially for excursions that are lengthy such as Lamanai in Belize, but you will get a lot of good advice here and on the Caribbean Ports of Call section of Cruise Critic at the link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

We were in a JS on our Navigator cruise. It didn't come with all the perks of a full suite (GS and up) but the stateroom size is very nice.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by JimAOk1945

But the cruise insurance. We are onboard now and had a medical emergency last night. We lost 7 hours of cruising time because we had to turn back and drop off the passenger. The lines for people changing airfare was long and we kept getting the question "do you have cruise insurance". Bottom line you never know and it may not be you that causes the need for the insurance. Just buy it. Wish we had.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the support everyone. I'm so excited I can think of nothing else! I have a question about the coffee maker. Does it take ground coffee or pods, is it kuerig? Can I brink my own coffee?

The coffee pot is not a Kuerig. It is the one cup kind that you place a mug under. It takes the coffee that is enclosed in a filter. We have never used our coffee pot but have heard that the filters furnished are for either 2 or 4 cups, in other words, they are the wrong size. You will also have a hot water pot.

Carla

Just back from 9/10 LOS cruise. Our comments:

1. Take a behind the door organizer,. I saw this on CC and it saved us a ton of looking around. Take one !

2. When getting your bags prior to customs, see if you can partner with someone who already has a porter (ie been thru a long waiting line) and share the luggage cart if you need one.. That's what we did and got thru in 1 hour 15 min total from walking onto gangway to getting on I-45.

3. No one cares if you bring on bottled water or soda. One guy was carrying a 24 pack of water on his shoulder in embarcation-- nobody even blinked .

4. The Ice show was great- we saw it twice.

5. We really enjoyed Maya Chan beach in Coasta Maya (best fajitas I ever had) but all the pre adolescents I talked to just loved snorkling excursions.

Just got off the Liberty yesterday. Since this is your 2nd cruise, you won't see all the budget cuts that the long time cruisers did. Go to Giavoni's specialty restaurant. Well worth the cost. The Windjammer has a wonderful man who uses a large wok to cook mongolian style veggies and meat. He will make it as spicy as you want. It was quite a treat to have the tasty dish. Hunt for him behind the counter! The shows and entertainment are first class. Don't miss any of them (they are listed in the Compass) Saturday Night Fever is of course Saturday night! Enjoy and relax!!!

Just got off the Liberty yesterday. Since this is your 2nd cruise, you won't see all the budget cuts that the long time cruisers did. Go to Giavoni's specialty restaurant. Well worth the cost. The Windjammer has a wonderful man who uses a large wok to cook mongolian style veggies and meat. He will make it as spicy as you want. It was quite a treat to have the tasty dish. Hunt for him behind the counter! The shows and entertainment are first class. Don't miss any of them (they are listed in the Compass) Saturday Night Fever is of course Saturday night! Enjoy and relax!!!

Thanks for the tip about the Windjammer and the Mongolian food. I like hot fresh food.

If you like to purchase photos on board then you might want to look at http://www.mycruisephotos.com/RCI/Portal.aspx

You can get a usb with all of your cruise photos for $149.00 if you purchase before cruising. I believe that is a $50 savings off the regular price of $199.00 if purchased on board. Each 5x10 photo on board is $20 so it doesn't take long to overspend! They will have some photo specials on board but I'm not sure they will beat this deal.

Edited by okfarmerswife