Scored with the upgrade advantage bid process

Miacruise94

I am also new to cruising and am wondering how the bidding process works? Where do you find it at?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They will send you an email. Apparently, it's done by a third party, so it may go to your junk folder.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I am not the OP but I also had my bid accepted today. I had bid on the aft suite category H6. When I did the mock booking there were 2 aft suites avail; one on deck 10 and another on 13. I was assigned 12904. So I am guessing whoever had that room won a bid of their own. When I do a mock booking now there is still availability for H6 but it is being sold as a guarantee. So excited, can't wait!

Just wondering, how many in your booking and what was your accepted bid amount. Was trying to get an upgrade directly through NCL, but they wanted $5800+ (h6 4ppl). I did get the email in Sept. but wanted all the promos...

Just wondering, how many in your booking and what was your accepted bid amount. Was trying to get an upgrade directly through NCL, but they wanted $5800+ (h6 4ppl). I did get the email in Sept. but wanted all the promos...

Hi, there are 3 of us. Bids are per person for 1st 2 passengers only. We bid $1050 p/p so $2100 total bid. HTH

Hey, think that might interest some of you! We booked BX garantee (when perks were included with garantee categories) at 949$ USD for the Getaway on nov. 6th.

We did put some bids on Haven categories a few weeks ago when the program came up...our offer has just been accepted today for an H5 Haven Penthouse. Our offer was 505 Canadians dollars per person (so around 375 USD per person). Quite a good deal I think ! Our friends did bid the same and also got an H5 upgrade...Nice ! 5 days left and so excited ! :D

It appears that there are not a lot of acceptance going on. I'm watching the thread and it's really dead. I guess NCL is not liking the bids that are being offered. Oh well.

We sail Nov 13th on the Getaway and all three in our party who placed bids were accepted. One went from Aft Balcony to Aft haven Suite with wrap around deck. Another went from Guarantee Balcony to Forward 2 Room haven Suite and the 3rd went from inside guarantee to balcony.

Edited by SLRoth

It appears that there are not a lot of acceptance going on. I'm watching the thread and it's really dead. I guess NCL is not liking the bids that are being offered. Oh well.

I see your cruise is coming up. Did you bid on an upgrade? Are they letting people know if it is declined?

We sail Nov 13th on the Getaway and all three in our party who placed bids were accepted. One went from Aft Balcony to Aft haven Suite with wrap around deck. Another went from Guarantee Balcony to Forward 2 Room haven Suite and the 3rd went from inside guarantee to balcony.

How long before your cruise when they accepted your bid?

I see your cruise is coming up. Did you bid on an upgrade? Are they letting people know if it is declined?

I did bid and according to the email you will only know if you are accepted and that could be as close as 48 hours before sailing. I check every day to see if the categories that I bid on still have the same number of cabins available and they do. I'm guessing they want people to go higher but I'm sure everybody is holding on until NCL gives in.

Care to share how much you bid until you won?

Our bid for the Nov 13th Getaway sailing was accepted last week. We went from a mini-suite mid-ship balcony to a H5 Haven Penthouse Suite.

Original cost: $1069 pp for Mini-Suite (MA)

Bid Accepted: $550pp

Edited by KatEnz
added ship name

NCL has to send you an invitation to bid.

Here is more information:

https://www.ncl.com/es/es/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

The link was very helpful...thanks so much!

I found #8 to be interesting, as we are three in our cabin. The upgrade amount is only charged for the first two in the cabin.

Curious when you placed bids on haven were there lots of haven left that you could see if you did a fake booking? My sailing looks almost all sold out and I leave in December but I placed some bids no response yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do you tell how booked up your cruise is?

How do you tell how booked up your cruise is?

You can do a mock booking at NCL.com. Pick the category you are interested and see how many room numbers come up. It generally shows you 15 cabin numbers at a time. If it has 15, there could be many more. If it shows less than 15 cabin numbers, that is all that is currently available. However, if others have put a temporary hold on a cabin it won't show up so check again to see.

I'm in the same situation on my cruise in a couple months. Currently six or seven two bedroom suites left and price has dropped a few times. I will either have to try for upsell or see if there is a price drop last minute. Unfortunately there are some cabins I will not accept. Currently I'm waiting for a price drop that approximates what I will have to spend for upsell. That is a good price for H5 with all Haven perks.

So if you win a bid, you get the upgrades attached to the cabin you win automatically? ahhh never mind, read the terms

Edited by aubreyc1988