Currently onboard Liberty of the Seas (09-Oct-2016)

hapster85

Did you happen to notice if there was any live entertainment in the PUB in the evening? Would appreciate if you can provide info on that.

I believe the Hoof and Claw had a live artist 2 or 3 nites. We heard the classical guitar duo. Sitting outside the pub watching traffic in the Royal Promenade is always entertaining.

I got one or two mosquito bites while in Roatan. My wife a few bug bites of some sort, but I don't think they were mosquitoes. I saw mine. She never saw what got her, but they didn't leave characteristic mosquito bite marks. Anyway, it was nothing alarming. I honestly expected to see a lot more, because everywhere we went had wooded areas, especially Roatan and Costa Maya. Kind of surprised at how few bugs we saw, really.

Neither my wife nor I used any repellant, but at least two of our four friends did. Never heard anyone else from the ship complain about issues with bugs.

The water temps were great in all three places we visited. Very pleasant to walk right into. The ocean was actually warmer than the pools on the ship.

Thank you. I love being able to walk right into the sea. I guess the pools must be fresh water.

Thanks for the bug information. I have packed my bug spray.

If you are looking for some interesting things to do, we can definately recommend the Martini Mixology and Tasting class with Melvin at the R Bar on the Royal Promenade, and the Pasta Class and lunch at GiovaniS Table! Both excellent experiences!

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the Martini Mixology class?

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the Martini Mixology class?

Also, was it the same as the mojito class where you get to make 5 "full size" drinks then get an additional one to take with you? Mojito class was $25pp and lots of fun. Sailing next week and considering martini class if it's worth it..Thanks

The Martini class was $29.50 each ($25 + gratuity) and was well worth it. Melvin is an excellent mixologist! The class makes 5 martinis, which you get a small glass of. By the time the class is done, the bar is full of full sized versions and you get to drink your favorite. I think I must have had 3-4 drinks during the class. A great experience! If you go, tell Melvin that Frank and Susan sent you!

The Martini class was $29.50 each ($25 + gratuity) and was well worth it. Melvin is an excellent mixologist! The class makes 5 martinis, which you get a small glass of. By the time the class is done, the bar is full of full sized versions and you get to drink your favorite. I think I must have had 3-4 drinks during the class. A great experience! If you go, tell Melvin that Frank and Susan sent you!

I have been thinking about doing this. Nice to hear that it was a great experience.