Is Sirena As Bad As They Say ?

curtdesilets

The itinerary I want next year is on Sirena. Lots of bad reviews. 165' cabins with portholes. Only 2 specialty restaurants. Very small bathrooms. Long terrace grill waits. So so food and service. Burnt out staff. Cruise director issue etc. etc. and it is no cheaper!!

So I guess the advice I am looking for is will I be disappointed and should I look elsewhere? I am seeing too many bad reviews in a lot of places.

Brian

The ship & cabin size will not change but the crew will most likely be a different bunch :D

Not all cabins have portholes maybe book a A, B, or C cat or if that is still too small upgrade to a PH or stick with the O class ships

JMO

Not all cabins have portholes maybe book a A, B, or C cat or if that is still too small upgrade to a PH or stick with the O class ships

JMO

Thanks PH just too expensive for me. Maybe a Verandah cabin. I would stick with the O class have been to the ports they are going to in 2017. I liked the itinerary.

We were on Riviera in August 2016. It was out of this world. Cabins are 240' and I upgraded to 280' with a balcony the week prior for a bargain price. Bathrooms large with bathtub and comfortable shower. All windows in every cabin are floor to ceiling and sailing into port is a highlight. 4 specialty restaurants, each one better than the other. Terrace Grill always excellent and never a wait. Main dining room superb. Staff unbelievably good and friendly.

So I know what to expect.

The itinerary I want next year is on Sirena. Lots of bad reviews. 165' cabins with portholes. Only 2 specialty restaurants. Very small bathrooms. Long terrace grill waits. So so food and service. Burnt out staff. Cruise director issue etc. etc. and it is no cheaper!!

So I guess the advice I am looking for is will I be disappointed and should I look elsewhere? I am seeing too many bad reviews in a lot of places.

Brian

It kind of depends on whether you are a "Glass half full" or "Glass half empty" kind of guy.

Plenty of good reviews here along with not so good ones. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=1030

Ditto for here on this thread itself - people who have had great experiences on her and many that have not - sometimes even on the same cruise :confused:

Whom do you believe or trust more? One thing is for sure - the ship will not be like Riviera in either cabins or restaurants.

You just may have to decide for yourself.

Edited by Paulchili

Thanks PH just too expensive for me. Maybe a Verandah cabin. I would stick with the O class have been to the ports they are going to in 2017. I liked the itinerary.

Keep in mind the veranda cabins are still 165 sq ft

we do not have a problem with that

YMMV

One thing is for sure - the ship will not be like Riviera in either cabins or restaurants.

You just may have to decide for yourself.

Yes. I was with people who have been on Oceania many times and loved it. Pity I was on Riviera first and have high expectations.:(

Thanks

YMMV

Thanks, but that is not what Oceania says.:confused:

Veranda Stateroom - B1 | B2

Elegant new décor graces these handsomely appointed 216-square-foot staterooms that boast our most popular luxury – private teak veranda for watching the ever-changing panoramas.

Yes. I was with people who have been on Oceania many times and loved it. Pity I was on Riviera first and have high expectations.:(

Thanks

Not to worry - there are probably as many O cruisers that prefer the R ships (smaller) than those who love O class ships.

Very different feel to each one and it's a personal preference.

Try it to see if you like it better or less than Riviera.

We love the R ships. That is why we we booked the inaugural especially after Oceania said they invested so much money. Sirena is not in the same shape as the other r ships which was a major disappoinment to us and other Oceania travelers. We really enjoyed all of our previous cruises but the ship is not in the same shape as the others. We had no problem with service but then again we were on the inaugural with FDR and the Pepins. Our B? cabin was not in good shape as was the bathroom. We have no problem with the small size or shower curtain but expected an updated bathroom other than recaulking.

Edited by TERRIER1

We were on Riviera in August 2016. It was out of this world. Cabins are 240' and I upgraded to 280' with a balcony the week prior for a bargain price. Bathrooms large with bathtub and comfortable shower. All windows in every cabin are floor to ceiling and sailing into port is a highlight. 4 specialty restaurants, each one better than the other. Terrace Grill always excellent and never a wait. Main dining room superb. Staff unbelievably good and friendly.

So I know what to expect.

Brian

It would be wise to weigh itinerary and ship, factoring in both the positive and negative. Sirena, IMHO, does not have the look or feel of a new, refreshed ship. Our Concierge cabin was quite small; the bathroom so very tiny. Hopefully, O addresses the service issues experienced and expressed by not only new but well seasoned O cruisers.

We went into our cruise with eyes wide open, to formulate our own opinions. Our Sirena experience was a letdown in numerous ways. There are others who posted here on this forum that they loved their Sirena experience. All very personal perspective.

If and when we book with O again, we shall seek both a great itinerary as well as another ship. Until the service glitches with Sirena are worked through, we shall avoid another Sirena sailing. Weigh what is important to you and go with it.

Denise

Edited by nyfeds

YMMV

While the veranda cabins on O class ships are much newer and "nicer", it is not clear exactly how much bigger they are (if at all).

Yes, on the paper they are larger in sq. ft but the O class cabins have much larger BRs with tubs. Hence, a lot of that increased sq, footage went into the BRs and not all of it into the living space,

Someday someone will actually measure the true living room sq footage of both veranda cabins for true size comparison. :D

While the veranda cabins on O class ships are much newer and "nicer", it is not clear exactly how much bigger they are (if at all).

Yes, on the paper they are larger in sq. ft but the O class cabins have much larger BRs with tubs. Hence, a lot of that increased sq, footage went into the BRs and not all of it into the living space,

Someday someone will actually measure the true living room sq footage of both veranda cabins for true size comparison. :D

so right Paul

I do think they have more room at the foot of the bed & the sofa is a bit larger

The closet placement is annoying though prefer the layout of the R ships ;)