Any sprint customers cruise recently?

I just got off the phone with them in regards to my cruise next week. I’m just wondering if I have this straight, for one thing had trouble understanding her. She said as long as I’m at port I can text as much as I want with no-charge. ?? Not sure I can believe that. Our first stop is Keys so no problem there and the only other stop is Cozumel. She said voice calls would be .20 per minute while at port. I told her the website says 2.99 and she said that’s old, they have new service and it’s cheaper. I have a “wifi calling” setting and will buy a wifi plan on board so I’m assuming I can make and receive calls for free using that setting. She didn’t seem to know too much about that. I just don’t want to text at port and make calls using wifi calling, thinking there is no charge and then get a big bill. The last time I went on a cruise which was before wifi was available, I traveled with others who had sprint and we were all told something different, but I sure wasn’t told texting was free at port. They told me to turn off my data for the whole trip. Just wondering if anyone who cruised recently can say what they experienced. Thanks

I just got off the phone with them in regards to my cruise next week. I’m just wondering if I have this straight, for one thing had trouble understanding her. She said as long as I’m at port I can text as much as I want with no-charge. ?? Not sure I can believe that. Our first stop is Keys so no problem there and the only other stop is Cozumel. She said voice calls would be .20 per minute while at port. I told her the website says 2.99 and she said that’s old, they have new service and it’s cheaper. I have a “wifi calling” setting and will buy a wifi plan on board so I’m assuming I can make and receive calls for free using that setting. She didn’t seem to know too much about that. I just don’t want to text at port and make calls using wifi calling, thinking there is no charge and then get a big bill. The last time I went on a cruise which was before wifi was available, I traveled with others who had sprint and we were all told something different, but I sure wasn’t told texting was free at port. They told me to turn off my data for the whole trip. Just wondering if anyone who cruised recently can say what they experienced. Thanks

Seriously ... put your phone in airplane mode :)

The wifi calling does not work on the ship. You can connect to wifi for free at locations at the port and use it that way, though. I wouldn't expect texting to be free at the ports, either. However, the ship's wifi does support iMessage, if you have an iPhone.

With Sprint Global Roaming you will have free texting & free data (up to 2G speeds) in Cozumel. Calls will be $0.20/minute. Just be sure to turn your data on when you arrive in port & turn it back off when you set sail.

We don't use Wifi Calling so I can't help you with that.