Carnival Breeze vs. Liberty of the Seas 10/8/17 out of Galveston

I was looking for a balcony stateroom on both ships and granted I was looking at a cove balcony on the Breeze while I was looking at a Deluxe Ocean View on the Liberty but the price difference between the 2 ships was around $800 more to sail on the Liberty of the Seas.

I am not trying to knock RCCL or Carnival or take away from either line. We are a family of 2 adults with 2 kids sailing. We ware looking at a port we can drive to. These 2 ships were our best option out of Galveston. I don't know anything about RCCL.

I guess what I am trying to say without trying to offend anyone is this; Is the price difference worth it? Would I receive $800 more in value by cruising on the LOS? Is there that much more to offer on her?

I am going to post this on the RCCL and Carnival boards so that I can get the best perspective. The itineraries are different but that isn't a factor in my decision unless the different itineraries affect the cost of the cruise. Not sure how that works.

This is really a tough question, a lot (not most) of RCI loyalist tend to knock Carnival, but I love both. We were on the Liberty of the Seas when it was brand new. This was the first ship that we were completely wowed by. On the other hand, the Breeze is the first and only ship we have sailed on twice. I love both ships and so do my kids who were 9 on the Liberty and 15 on the Breeze. The Breeze is a little fresher in my memory, however the Liberty was an incredible ship.

Liberty pros

better layout/nicer ship

better shows

ice skating

flow rider

Breeze pros

Best burgers on the planet

more food choices in general

$800 less

newer ship

IMO if you like one, you will like the other. You can't go wrong.

The PP pretty much took the words out of my mouth (keyboard??) We've done the Breeze (not out of Galveston...I think it was the Magic back then?) and will be on the Liberty in April, but we've been on the Freedom in the past. Here's my comparison:

Liberty:

-better ship layout (love RC's promenade)

-better pools, including solarium (adults only pool area)

-better drink package (no daily limit)

Breeze:

-$800 cheaper

-better food options during the day (seriously, I would cruise them for the burrito place alone :p)

-newer ship

That honestly is the biggest things we've ever noticed to be different between the two. everyone's opinion is different and we don't have kids so what we look for will probably be completely different then a family would. If you've never done either class, I don't think you could go wrong either way.

I was on the Breeze this past February and was previously on the Liberty of the Seas. Liberty is one of my favorite ships, however I will say that the Breeze really stuck out and sort of did away with lots of stereotypes of a Carnival cruise. The Breeze is a beautiful ship and it laid out well. Some of my top comparisons.

Liberty:

Royal Promenade

entertainment

service and happiness of the crew

Breeze:

Spa area and Serenity for adult only is better than the solarium

Food quality in the MDR is about the same, however Carnival wins for variety. Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana Burrito, Tandoori Grill and Carnival Pizza is amazing

Punch liners Comedy Club is fantastic

We have sailed all RCI cruises except for one, the Breeze. We are very loyal to Royal.

That being said, for $800 and everything the same, We would sail the Breeze. Both do some things better than the other.

You will not go wrong with either, you will be on a cruise. Save that $800 for fun with the kids!!!

Tim