Breeze or Liberty of the Seas?

Its a tough choice! We like carnival and royal carribean. We don't have a preference in terms of company. Itinerary is about the same for us...no preference.

My family of five is debating between the new family panoramic ocean view on liberty of the seas vs 2 adjoining balcony cabins on the breeze for this summer.

They both are priced about the same. Any thoughts?

Its a tough choice! We like carnival and royal carribean. We don't have a preference in terms of company. Itinerary is about the same for us...no preference.

My family of five is debating between the new family panoramic ocean view on liberty of the seas vs 2 adjoining balcony cabins on the breeze for this summer.

Can't really help much because I have never sailed on the Breeze, but I do prefer RCI over Carnival normally. I love the Freedom class ships myself! Hard call because of the difference in cabins as well. How old are the children, because sometimes the double bathrooms will seal the deal for me.

Haven't sailed Carnival, but, just enjoyed a spectacular cruise on Liberty of the Seas this past August. Tremendous ship, tons do on board, great pool area for the kids, lots of places to grab a bite.

Loved the Liberty, so will you.

Jonathan

You may or may not be Lido/pool people, but here are pics of first Breeze adult Serenity area and then Liberty's adult pool area for comparison:

dndq0x.jpg

2pqs42c.jpg

And the Breeze main pool and then Liberty's 2 main pools:

izz23o.jpg

aox7yq.jpg

Never understood why Carnival makes their pools so tiny...

That is one reason we prefer RCCL ships, there are many more....

But whatever floats your boat:D

Edited by BecciBoo

I just sailed the Breeze, and have sailed the Liberty twice in the past.

I have to say, I definitely like the Liberty more. Not that the Breeze is a bad ship, but I really liked the Liberty (and Freedom class), certainly more then the Breeze.

I found there was a lot of lines on the Breeze (especially the Lido buffet, which did not impress me). There are not enough lounges in general, so they were always crowded, and the pool, as already mentioned, is really small. It always seemed crowded.

The areas I liked the Breeze better were:

-pool-side food (Guys/Iguana café, though, like everything else, had liiiines).

- Lots of trivia (if you're into that), most I've ever seen on a ship really.

- The water slides and ropes course (not on Liberty, but they have other things like surfing and stuff), though I believe they're adding slides to Liberty.

- Cove Balcony (I LOVED the Cove balcony, thought it was awesome)

- Comedy Club (2 or 3 comics a night, with some being family shows)

Things I liked Liberty more:

- Entertainment(!!) By a mile! Saturday Night Fever, Ice show, just a lot more entertaining options.

- Lounges. Roomy and not so crowded, and more of them.

- Much less lines for things

- Nicer ship layout

- Promenade (with room for parades and parties)

- WindJammer (hated the Lido on Breeze, both for the lines and food, outside of Guys/Iguana and Mongolian Wok, which all had big lines most of the time)

Many things are similar. MDR food was similar, probably liked Liberty's more but not noteworthy. Service on RCCL is a little better, but again not really noteworthy. (I do have to say, we were with a big CC group, and there were a lot of complaints about service from the rest of the group, particularly dining and room stewards, but we were good with ours)

Any questions, let me know!

You may or may not be Lido/pool people, but here are pics of first Breeze adult Serenity area and then Liberty's adult pool area for comparison:

dndq0x.jpg

2pqs42c.jpg

And the Breeze main pool and then Liberty's 2 main pools:

izz23o.jpg

aox7yq.jpg

Never understood why Carnival makes their pools so tiny...

That is one reason we prefer RCCL ships, there are many more....

But whatever floats your boat:D

Wow those pictures say a lot. I have sailed the Breeze and loved it! Sailing Liberty in October, can't wait to check out the adult pool and the main pool. Looks like a lot more room.

I have sailed both as well and had a great time on both. FLSteve had some great points and I agree with almost everything. I actually preferred the food in the Breeze MDR but that could be because it was new and different because we typically cruise RC.

We went with a group of high school seniors so the Breeze was great for them with the on deck dance parties during the day. But with your younger kids that probably doesn't apply. Also, if this matters to you, there seemed to be more underage drinking on the Breeze. At one point (while watching a football game on the big screen) the announcer said, "Commercial time, time to get a drink. If you aren't of age, get someone who is to get you one." Now we didn't test the theory, but I was pretty surprised to hear them even joke about it like that

Another point I was surprised how expensive the drinks on Carnival were. I can't say for sure because I often get the drink package on RC but didn't on the Breeze, but it seemed like it was more expensive than RC.

If I had to choose without regard to room, I would pick the Liberty - so much more to do and we love Royal Promenade, florider, etc. So my vote is you made the right choice!

Drumroll........we booked LIBERTY OF THE SEAS!!!!!

Good choice. BecciBoo's pictures tell it all, especially the main pool. Same amount of passengers, yet Liberty is a considerably bigger ship. Nuff said on that.

Add the slides currently being installed and this is a no brainer. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have sailed both as well and had a great time on both. FLSteve had some great points and I agree with almost everything. I actually preferred the food in the Breeze MDR but that could be because it was new and different because we typically cruise RC.

We went with a group of high school seniors so the Breeze was great for them with the on deck dance parties during the day. But with your younger kids that probably doesn't apply. Also, if this matters to you, there seemed to be more underage drinking on the Breeze. At one point (while watching a football game on the big screen) the announcer said, "Commercial time, time to get a drink. If you aren't of age, get someone who is to get you one." Now we didn't test the theory, but I was pretty surprised to hear them even joke about it like that

Another point I was surprised how expensive the drinks on Carnival were. I can't say for sure because I often get the drink package on RC but didn't on the Breeze, but it seemed like it was more expensive than RC.

If I had to choose without regard to room, I would pick the Liberty - so much more to do and we love Royal Promenade, florider, etc. So my vote is you made the right choice!

I thought the drink package was a reasonable price on the Breeze so I bought it. Does look like Liberty has more room.