Can we find our own little part of the beach on Half Moon Cay?

jeepers13

We'll be taking our first cruise with HAL in March, and it turns out we'll be on Half Moon Cay the day of our twentieth anniversary.

We'd like to find our own little spot on the beach and enjoy some time alone together on our anniversary.

Can we find a spot? It looks like a fairly big island with a lot of sandy beach.

Thanks.

Yes, you can. As you disembark from the tender, there is a small little area with a few shops and I think now they added a bar. The beach is right next to that. The beach section closest to the tender area is more kid friendly because it has kid activities. Further down are just the rows and rows of lounge chairs. After that you will see the private cabanas all lined up and near the big ship that serves as a bar. On the beach in that area are more lounge chairs. If you continue to walk past that, the beach area becomes much less crowded. So, if you are willing to walk further, you will find more of a quiet area but it is not more private because you are still easily visible to everyone else and I don't remember there being any loungers either. Having said that, don't miss the BBQ lunch they serve on the island. I have been there several times (most recently last December) and HMC is literally, my favorite spot in the world! :)

Ha!

Maybe if we talk a walk away from the port area?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretty sure that was the point of the previous posts..

Be aware the entire island is not open to visitors. I believe some of it is a preserve. As suggested, just walk as far north on the beach as you wish, until you find the privacy you seek.

• 3 months later...