Dilemma: 1A or Suite? Save or Go for it?

Lastdance

Another vote for taking a second vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If we could vacation whenever we wanted for as long as we wanted, i would jump on that idea and do b2b, but three weeks is always pushing it for us. We have my father to worry about, along with a doggie that has kidney issues. We didn't do a suite last summer; got an S1 corner aft the year before in the Med for only $300 more and picked our cabin with all the perks. We had an A1 on the slant of the hump and I moved to the suite for 1,000 OBC. We are elite and I can actually go home with that amount. After helping others get so many discounts, I thought that i might be crazy, but would save a lot of money. My husband wants to keep the suite, but would be happy in any cabin at all, but also enjoys suite life. Many of my friends who have gotten sick over the years always say don't worry about the money and do what makes you happy. That's why i am so torn; the money isn't the issue, but a great deal is so hard to miss. This is a 16 nt TA to Europe. I could do a suite guarantee for a little more savings, losing some OBC and saving a little more, but I love the corner aft with some overhang. One time I downgraded to save money and ended up with a cabin that creaked all the time. For all the reasons above, this is a difficult reason for me to stay or change. I could end up with a Signature suite...not likely, but who knows.

Many thanks to all of you for sharing!!!

Edited by Lastdance

You say your husband enjoyed the suite life....what aspects in particular? I do have to say Michael's Club has been an important part of our recent cruise pleasure...although he seems quite passive in this discussion does he really have a firm preference? It would be pretty grim if you go for the cheaper option and sense he regrets it...Equally if you could both thoroughly enjoy a good balcony cabin why pay for a suite?

As someone who should just be finishing a RS cruise on the Eclipse and had to cancel for medical reasons I know where some of your friends are coming from...until illness hits it is very easy to think you always have choices.

As others have indicated it does come down to the cost difference in terms of what that extra money could mean to you...booking something on board for next year, a couple of really nice luxury weekend breaks, new furnishings at home....

Whatever you choose to do I hope you have a wonderful cruise....

Life is short, and to be able to agonize over what cabin category to choose is a privilege few have. If your husband enjoys suites and money is not an issue for you, then it should be an easy choice.

I enjoy getting value for our dollar. We book suites only when we feel they are a good value, TAs being a great example. The SS isn't really anything special, though, and I really, really hated climbing in and out of the treacherously deep and slippery tub. Much prefer the 1As for the feeling of spaciousness the large balcony gives and the lovely large/safe shower.

Enjoy whatever cabin you choose. The most important thing is the relaxed and happy time you will share with your husband. That is priceless!