Flight question post cruise

My husband and I will be on the ovation of the seas arriving in Sydney feb 9th at 6:30 am. We are wanting to book a flight to cairns the same day and was wondering what would be the earliest flight people would recommend.

My second question is about the return flight. We will be flying out of Sydney to Vancouver at 10pm on feb 14th. We plan to fly in from cairns the same day. What is the latest that people would commend the cairns flight arrives in Sydney for an international flight.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Trying to do as much as we can with the time we have.

Tina

Around 11 a.m is pretty safe for the first flight.

For the second, as presumably you will have to check in again in Sydney, I'd want a minimum of 3 hours before the international one (so by 7 p.m.), but earlier is better in case of delays.

Most lines recommend five hours for Sydney, and that would have a good margin for safety.

Last year I parked the car at the airport, so disembarked, customer, walk to Circular Quay (and I don't walk too good) train to domestic terminal, but to car park and was still back at The Rocks to collect Mrs Gut by about 10:00.

But of course there could have been a delay of some sort, so being the cautious type I'd say noon.

Flight to Cairns around 11am or noon would be suitable.

Flight back to Sydney (3 hours), you need to be at Sydney International airport by 6.30-7pm, so allow time to get from the Domestic airport - allow 1 hour to grab your luggage and either get the train between the two terminals. Also remember there is a one hour time difference between Cairns and Sydney, as well as allowing for being a tourist and not knowing your way around the airports and such. So perhaps a 1pm flight or earlier.

Hope this helps.