Fianl payment due Friday- Can't reach my agency!!!

karfest

Help! My final payment is due on Friday and I can't reach the agency I booked with. ( I have booked 3 previous cruises with them with no problems) I have tried both toll free numbers and their main number- I keep getting the response that all circuits are busy. They are located in Port St Lucie Florida- I'm not sure where that is, but would Wilma have affected their operations?

I need to reach them because my category has dropped $400 :eek: *WOW*per person on the NCL site and I want to see if they will honor that price reduction. If not, I am going to cancel and rebook with NCL. The final payment is set up to be automatically charged to my credit card. I e-mailed tham this morning and have not gotten a response.

Any suggestions or ideas??? Thanks in advance:)

There's a similar thread on the Holland America board. Same agency, I believe. People outside of Florida don't understand that when a hurricane hits an area, getting power back up can take weeks. It's more than putting the lines back up, the poles have to go up also, in addition to getting the manpower to do the job. However, that's not what concerns you.

On that board, they are suggesting contacting the cruiseline. I'm sure you're not the only one having this problem and, hopefully, they'll take into consideration the fact that you cannot reach your TA. If it weren't for the $400, I'd say give them until tomorrow, however you want that price reduction, and I don't blame you. Call the cruiseline, good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Hi Karen,

In case you didn't notice, I moved to FL!! :D

Things are pretty bad here and I know there are still power outages in Port St Lucie, plus, the phone systems will take longer to get back up and running.

I agree - call NCL.

I knew I could count on you!! I wasn't sure if Port St Lucie was in the path of the hurricane but was assuming that was the problem. I thought perhaps they would be able to update their website but maybe not. I am going to call NCL and see what they can do for me. I have also had good experiences with their customer support staff but I didn't think they would talk to me if I booked through an agency.

MATT! When did you move to Florida????? Just couldn't take another winter here in Wisconsin?? My SIL moved to Naples in May and just went through her first hurricane. Things are OK for her but she says it's bad everywhere around her. Take Care:D

You are not alone. My TA in Plantation, Florida has had similar problems getting their system back on line. They also advised there was some damage to NCL's Miami office that has hampered their operations including the confirmation of Compass Rewards certificates. I also have some bookings where final payment is due next week and am awaiting clearance from my TA.

UPDATE***

I just got off the phone with a wonderful NCL rep named Anna. She completely understood the situation becasue she is in Miami. While she couldn't cancel or change my reservation because it is through an agency- she did note my account that I have been trying to reach them and that I should get a reduction in rate.

She said the agency has to call in the final payment before the transaction can be completed and they would see the note on my account. I am going to continue to try calling them but I can breathe a little easier now.

I know alot of people complain about NCL's customer service, but she was great to talk to and I'm sure things will work out.

Best wishes to those of you who are cleaning up after Wilma:)

karfest,

I have always had great service from the NCL reps. Nice to hear you had a good experience with them and your problem.

Now for something totally different. I'm a Green Bay Packer Fan from New York and love the Packers, but have NEVER liked Bret Favre. Greatest quarterback in Green Bay was and will always be Bart Starr. I am sitting in my Packer room typing this message right now. Bret can do no wrong. It's alway the receivers that blow the routes. Last week's game, he blew all those throws. The defense played it's heart out. The only thing to look forward for this year is a new phrase: "With the 1st pick in the 2006 NFL draft the Green Bay Packers select"?????? and we have many holes to fill.

GO Packers!!!!!

Happy Sailing

Monty

yes, do call NCL, even though the normal practice is to only deal with the person or company that did the booking, everything is different and NCL is up and running. Our main offices, in Fl Lauderdale still have no water and no phone service. Things are moving slowly in Southern Fl, I don't think anyone really realized the damage that was done. NMnita

UPDATE***

I just got off the phone with a wonderful NCL rep named Anna. She completely understood the situation becasue she is in Miami. While she couldn't cancel or change my reservation because it is through an agency- she did note my account that I have been trying to reach them and that I should get a reduction in rate.

She said the agency has to call in the final payment before the transaction can be completed and they would see the note on my account. I am going to continue to try calling them but I can breathe a little easier now.

I know alot of people complain about NCL's customer service, but she was great to talk to and I'm sure things will work out.

Best wishes to those of you who are cleaning up after Wilma:)

Im glad things seem to be under control.

I'll keep my finges crossed for you till everything gets finally settled.

Now for something totally different. I'm a Green Bay Packer Fan from New York and love the Packers, but have NEVER liked Bret Favre. Greatest quarterback in Green Bay was and will always be Bart Starr. I am sitting in my Packer room typing this message right now. Bret can do no wrong. It's alway the receivers that blow the routes. Last week's game, he blew all those throws. The defense played it's heart out. The only thing to look forward for this year is a new phrase: "With the 1st pick in the 2006 NFL draft the Green Bay Packers select"?????? and we have many holes to fill.

GO Packers!!!!!

Happy Sailing

Monty

HUH? What ship was that on? Was that during the Art Auction? My first pick probably wasn't my best either, but I got some good deals on the 2nd, 3rd & 4th rounds. All the holes on my wall are now filled.

I received an e-mail from my agency today- they now have internet but no phone. They are trying to contact everyone who has bookings before taking any new reservations. I am very pleased to hear that!

If they will reduce my final payment by $791.06--I'll be VERY pleased:D

MONTY-- If you ever want to go to a game at Lambeau, let me know- I can usually get tickets. Perhaps next year after Favre retires:eek: ???

Archived