Ultimate Balcony Dining?

ccndfw

The Regal's balconies don't seem big enough for a table to hold a meal like that.

It was large enough for us to enjoy the UBD during the Regal's sailaway from Barcelona. We enjoyed it just as much as our 3 other UBDs on large balconies. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 3 weeks later...

Very excited that we booked this today, for our January trip on the Ruby. Had to choose a sea day (just due to port plans, and get togethers with friends on the sailing) so hope it is not too windy. We also booked the breakfast version for my birthday morning.

Will have to get a few minor substitutions due to my dietary restrictions (low carb diabetic diet so no bread, potato, etc.) but the basic menu I've seen works really well for me, so I can look forward to it with no guilt.

Very excited that we booked this today, for our January trip on the Ruby. Had to choose a sea day (just due to port plans, and get togethers with friends on the sailing) so hope it is not too windy. We also booked the breakfast version for my birthday morning.

Will have to get a few minor substitutions due to my dietary restrictions (low carb diabetic diet so no bread, potato, etc.) but the basic menu I've seen works really well for me, so I can look forward to it with no guilt.

If inclement weather prevents having it on your balcony, we also enjoyed it inside our cabin during a December sailaway from Santorini looking out the sliding glass door. :)

If inclement weather prevents having it on your balcony, we also enjoyed it inside our cabin during a December sailaway from Santorini looking out the sliding glass door. :)

Yeah -- that's the back up plan. The main thing is to have a lovely meal, with my hubby, and he a bit spoiled. Doesn't have to be on the balcony of the weather chooses not to cooperate 😃

Yeah -- that's the back up plan. The main thing is to have a lovely meal, with my hubby, and he a bit spoiled. Doesn't have to be on the balcony of the weather chooses not to cooperate [emoji2]

Absolutely & if there are any items on that evening's MDR menu you can get them.

We've never done that because it's already so much food but somehow they knew we liked the MDR's twice baked goat cheese soufflé. That resulted in most of our dessert going into our fridge for the next day. ;)

Absolutely & if there are any items on that evening's MDR menu you can get them.

We've never done that because it's already so much food but somehow they knew we liked the MDR's twice baked goat cheese soufflé. That resulted in most of our dessert going into our fridge for the next day. ;)

I am planning on reviewing the MDR menu the day before, since I meet with the head waiter every day anyway for my diet -- that will make it easier to fine tune the menu for the day

I am planning on reviewing the MDR menu the day before, since I meet with the head waiter every day anyway for my diet -- that will make it easier to fine tune the menu for the day

I've read posts that it's possible to view the daily MDR menus for the entire cruise & when the room service supervisor calls to either set up a meeting or to discuss the menu on the phone, you could request the the MDR menu info at that time instead of waiting until the day before.

The MDR headwaiter would probably need to contact the RS supervisor so if it were me I'd deal directly with the RS supervisor. :)

I've read posts that it's possible to view the daily MDR menus for the entire cruise & when the room service supervisor calls to either set up a meeting or to discuss the menu on the phone, you could request the the MDR menu info at that time instead of waiting until the day before.

The MDR headwaiter would probably need to contact the RS supervisor so if it were me I'd deal directly with the RS supervisor. :)

We are booked for the UBD on the second full day of the cruise, so it will basically be the next days meal either way, but yes, I will convey the requests directly to the RS coordinator. Too easy for stuff to get lost in translation. The breakfast is towards the end, so will talk to the RS coordinator about those needs at the same time. Mostly just need to replace the carb things I can't eat.

Thanks for all the tips!! Very helpful

We are booked for the UBD on the second full day of the cruise, so it will basically be the next days meal either way, but yes, I will convey the requests directly to the RS coordinator. Too easy for stuff to get lost in translation. The breakfast is towards the end, so will talk to the RS coordinator about those needs at the same time. Mostly just need to replace the carb things I can't eat.

Thanks for all the tips!! Very helpful

Have a great dinner & breakfast on your balcony! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer