Time of tours - not shown on website

MLinFL

I'm trying to book a tour on the MSC website and I can read the description and cost of the tour but they don't say anything about the starting time - only the duration, so I can't tell if it is a morning or afternoon tour. Is there anyway I can get this information?

Thanks,

MLinFL

I'm trying to book a tour on the MSC website and I can read the description and cost of the tour but they don't say anything about the starting time - only the duration, so I can't tell if it is a morning or afternoon tour. Is there anyway I can get this information?

Thanks,

MLinFL

Most of the tours are in the morning or right away after you arrive to port. I don't think any cruise line has excursion exact time on web.

Most of the tours are in the morning or right away after you arrive to port. I don't think any cruise line has excursion exact time on web.

Right, however, most lines do tell you if it's AM. or PM, MSC does not.

I agree with you MLinFL that it makes for a challenge when booking.

They don't say the time of the tours as they only have predicted arrival times and not definite times as they can be adversely affected by the weather.

eg On two of our four MSC cruises where they docked at Venice we were delayed by fog for 2 - 3 hours.

Pete

This is one area where they are a little strange. They won't tell you the time of your tour until the day prior to your tour. Even if you are pre-booked. The bad part being you won't know if it is morning or afternoon (most are morning as stated earlier) so it makes it hard to plan the rest of your day.

Insider tidbit: The numerous I've dealt with the Shore Excursion Manager, even they are unsure of many starting times until the week of sailing. They are constantly emailing back and forth with the shore side operators to determine what times work best for the ship and operators on a day by day basis. (think other ships in port, adjusted arrival times, weather, etc) I've always found this a little scary but it works out in the end.

Bret