Low carb drinks

lssg

When we sailed the Solstice to Alaska, it seems to me that the Vitamin Water you could get at the bar was all sugar free and sweetened with stevia, and comes in different flavors. Doesn't help with the frozen drink question, but might give you another option to Diet Coke, etc

You have to be careful with "sugar free" food. "Sugar free" does not automatically equal "low carb". I have seen sugar free syrups with more carbs than regular sugared syrups.

Red wine has been mis-represented as higher carb for quite a while, but newer research in the last few years has shown that it is low carb as metabolized by the body. If blood sugar is the issue he'll have to test for his own tolerance, of course. So that's a different kind of alcohol he may be able to enjoy without triggering the insulin / blood sugar roller coaster.

I would be wary of any mixed drink. Unless you personally can look at the label and see the carb count, words like "sugar free" mean nothing.

I was on the Constellation last year, and was trying to watch my sugar intake. The frozen slushy drinks are made by adding a concentrated sweetened mixer (like mango or strawberry) to ice and then it's blended. All the concentrated mixers that I saw were loaded with sugar. Celebrity did have some low-cal alcohol-free drinks listed on a bar menu near the Solarium; When I wanted something with alcohol, I would order one of those and ask them to add Tanqueray or vodka. They were very good. The Celebrity bartenders were also very willing to make me what I wanted (sparkling water with Tanqueray, splash of St Germain, and lemon juice is one of my go-to cocktails.) I was on the trip with a wonder group of ladies. The first night, everyone was tasting everyone else's drinks...no one liked my drinks as they weren't sweet. And while the tasting and sharing sips continued for the 5 day cruise, I was seldom asked to share a taste of my drink.:D