On the Glory right now (week of October 15-22, 2016)

firemanbobswife

Unfortunately they still do have Hasbro. The comedy shows haven't been well advertised and the report I got from friends say they got right in which is total opposite of what it usually is. I don't remember the names but I'll post the FunTimes at some point when I get home.

We're leaving now so I'll get back to everyone later! Thanks for reading!

We didn't do the late night comedy shows. We did the 8:30 one - which is during second dinner seating. Might explain why it was less crowded. However, they were VERY clear that they emptied out the lounge prior to the next show and required everyone to get in a line for the next one. My guess is the later shows were busier, which is why they were kicking everyone out and setting up a queue to get in. The lounge was still pretty full at the 8:30 but always plenty of seating.

We enjoyed the comedy quite a bit and liked that they used such a large lounge for it.

We didn't do the late night comedy shows. We did the 8:30 one - which is during second dinner seating. Might explain why it was less crowded. However, they were VERY clear that they emptied out the lounge prior to the next show and required everyone to get in a line for the next one. My guess is the later shows were busier, which is why they were kicking everyone out and setting up a queue to get in. The lounge was still pretty full at the 8:30 but always plenty of seating.

We enjoyed the comedy quite a bit and liked that they used such a large lounge for it.

In the past, the early one was packed too and they did make sure everyone got out much to the grumbles of the people that watched the previous show.

I didn't see the lines like the times before which went all the way from the Ebony Lounge to past the night club blocking people from trying to get through to go to the stairway. Not everyone got in and they turned many away. The venue was way too small for the amount of people that wanted to attend. This cruise I didn't see that and it seems the comedians weren't promoted as much either in the FunTimes, announcements, or the TVs by the lounge. I remember wondering if they even had comedians on this sailing.

We were on the Glory two years ago and could enjoy the sauna free of charge. Last year on the Splendor you had to pay. What's the policy this year for the sauna and steam room?

It has less to do with fleet-wide policy and more to do with the Spa facilities on the ship.

The Splendor has the Cloud 9 Spa, so most of the facilities are part of the "Spa" and there is a fee to use those facilities. You should have been able to access the sauna attached to the Spa locker rooms, just not the steam rooms that are part of the "Thermal Suites".

Since the Glory does not have a Cloud 9 Spa, you should have access to both the sauna and steam room attached to the Spa locker rooms.

Also, the bedside table looks different, doesn't it? Seems like there was a different looking table on the side of the bed...

Yeah. The regular table was where a lamp/nightstand should have been. I got my room steward to bring me one later that evening. I don't know why they were missing. There's no way I could just turn the bright lights on first thing in the morning without being totally blinded. I have to use the little light first to grow accustomed to it when in an inside cabin.

It has less to do with fleet-wide policy and more to do with the Spa facilities on the ship.

The Splendor has the Cloud 9 Spa, so most of the facilities are part of the "Spa" and there is a fee to use those facilities. You should have been able to access the sauna attached to the Spa locker rooms, just not the steam rooms that are part of the "Thermal Suites".

Since the Glory does not have a Cloud 9 Spa, you should have access to both the sauna and steam room attached to the Spa locker rooms.

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming it for me.

Yeah. The regular table was where a lamp/nightstand should have been. I got my room steward to bring me one later that evening. I don't know why they were missing. There's no way I could just turn the bright lights on first thing in the morning without being totally blinded. I have to use the little light first to grow accustomed to it when in an inside cabin.

I don't blame you. I would have asked too. Wonder where they went? It seems strange. Maybe they had to go for extra cleaning or they were damaged in some way.

I know I have been on ships where the lamp at the beside had tears in the shade, stains, etc. They should be replaced more often than they are, IMO. Maybe they removed them for replacing and didn't get around to getting the replacements before you boarded.

I don't blame you. I would have asked too. Wonder where they went? It seems strange. Maybe they had to go for extra cleaning or they were damaged in some way.

I know I have been on ships where the lamp at the beside had tears in the shade, stains, etc. They should be replaced more often than they are, IMO. Maybe they removed them for replacing and didn't get around to getting the replacements before you boarded.

That's what I was thinking too. Kind of strange that they would take the time to put the other table there and not have at least one lamp. Oh well. My RS was SUPER and didn't bat an eyelash when I asked for one. I also requested a chair which doesn't normally come in regular inside cabins and he found me one of those too. Probably the best RS I have ever had.

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming it for me.

You had it absolutely correct, you must have been replying at the same time as I was, or I would have just confirmed your reply.

I really missed not having access to both steam and sauna rooms on the Dream and Magic, after having had access to them on the smaller ships.

We had Spa rooms on the Breeze, so we could access all the sauna and steam amenities. Glad the Glory has both...