On the Glory right now (week of October 15-22, 2016)

firemanbobswife

Let's see, what else? I had the $20 Filet Mignon in the MDR last night and it was superb. Very large and oh so tender. I eat my steak rare and it was cooked perfectly. If you haven't tried it, you should at least once.

Pizza for breakfast/lunch the past 2 days. I get the Margherita. Yummy as usual.

Brunch on the first sea day was also very good. I had the steak and eggs. The Filet was maybe a little larger than a silver dollar. Definitely smaller than last time, but seemed like it was better quality. If you want a lot of steak, just order 2.

Didn't make it to tea time because I went to take a nap after still being tired from HMC the day before and the ship was rocking so much that I over slept. Best sleep ever! Luckily I had set my alarm to get ready for elegant night with plenty of time to spare.

Speaking of elegant night, I wore a vintage 60s style dress and my pearls. Not fancy, just simple and nice. I saw everything from a couple guys in jeans and button down tops, to some in tuxes, and the majority of the guests in the middle of the road with khakis and polo shirts. Some women had sparkly dresses on, with the most of them wearing nice tops and slacks as well as cocktail dresses.

I'm not saying this to start a dress code discussion, simply stating what I observed.

Before I forget, my room steward has 26 cabins assigned to him and to reiterate, no card was ever given to me to choose which cabin cleaning I wanted. It was automatically twice a day and it wasn't even mentioned. Robes were in the closet and the mini fridge was empty. Hole prepunched in S&S card.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Thanks for posting about your experiences on the Glory. Your menu thread last time was really helpful. I will be on her on November 12th and I just had one question. I read on a thread about the Conquest that there is now something called Pizza Pirate Plus, which has extra items like lasagna and meatball sandwiches from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM. Have you noticed that on the Glory?

I will see what Spa Specials are in my FunTimes and post later.

Oh and I was able to exchange my visor for a Tervis Tumbler. Yes!!!!!

Enjoying your review as I am hankering to get there. I'm on the Glory next week on Western Itinerary. I too am platinum and heard and saw pictures of the horrible croc visor. How were you able to exchange for a tumbler? those have been the best gifts in a while? Did you just go to guest services? Thanks. and keep her nice for us next week. Enjoy rest of cruise. that is a great itinerary. Enjoy San Juan today.

Thanks for posting about your experiences on the Glory. Your menu thread last time was really helpful. I will be on her on November 12th and I just had one question. I read on a thread about the Conquest that there is now something called Pizza Pirate Plus' date=' which has extra items like lasagna and meatball sandwiches from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM. Have you noticed that on the Glory?[/quote']

Glad to help! Yes they have that here as well. I haven't been to there that late but it is listed in the Fun Times.

Enjoying your review as I am hankering to get there. I'm on the Glory next week on Western Itinerary. I too am platinum and heard and saw pictures of the horrible croc visor. How were you able to exchange for a tumbler? those have been the best gifts in a while? Did you just go to guest services? Thanks. and keep her nice for us next week. Enjoy rest of cruise. that is a great itinerary. Enjoy San Juan today.

I went to GS and asked the lady politely if she had anything else at all that I could exchange it for. She said "Let me see", took it in the back, and came out with a Tervis Tumbler. She asked if that was better and I said with a big smile "Yes!!! Thank you SO much!"

Just make sure to leave the little tag on it if you try and exchange it. She did check to make sure it was still intact.

We are getting ready to leave soon so if anyone has any last minute questions, now is the time. Otherwise leave them here and I'll do my best to answer when I'm back.

What shows are on the ship now? Hasbro Game night? How about the comedian?

Unfortunately they still do have Hasbro. The comedy shows haven't been well advertised and the report I got from friends say they got right in which is total opposite of what it usually is. I don't remember the names but I'll post the FunTimes at some point when I get home.

We're leaving now so I'll get back to everyone later! Thanks for reading!