On the Glory right now (week of October 15-22, 2016)

firemanbobswife

Unfortunately they still do have Hasbro. The comedy shows haven't been well advertised and the report I got from friends say they got right in which is total opposite of what it usually is. I don't remember the names but I'll post the FunTimes at some point when I get home.

We're leaving now so I'll get back to everyone later! Thanks for reading!

You are against Hasbro? I want Hasbro to stay.

I'm sitting at the airport now waiting on my flight. I'll go over debarkation while it's fresh in my mind.

We were given a letter to meet in the Golden Dining Room at 7:15 AM for Platinum self assist. I figured I would wait until around then before heading there as every other time there had been a wait. Well at 6:45 AM Saffie announced that they were doing self assist for Decks 1 and 2. Guess D/P/FTTF had already gone by then. Luckily I was already packed and headed out. About 4-5 people in front of me to get off the ship. 2 lines were open Deck 3 forward. It went very fast, no line at Customs.

Checked one bag at the airport since there wasn't really a line outside (except I got delayed by a family that had to rearrange clothes in their overweight bag). Breezed through TSA PreCheck and here I sit. From stepping off the ship to sitting at the gate in under an hour.

Going backwards... I told you these are just a bunch of random things as they come to mind. You were warned [emoji4]

Diamond/Platinum party was yesterday in the Ebony Lounge. There were a lot of people but not overwhelming like the old ones when I was Gold. The drinks were plentiful and you could order what you want or they walked around with Fun Shop Specials and other things. Hint: a couple bucks to the bar waitress goes a long way!

They had a new video that Saffie said they just recently came out with. I didn't win any prizes from the trivia questions - name the ship, name the Epulet (or however you spell it), or guess the amount of candy. But it was a good time. They didn't keep the invitations but we were told to bring them.

07d22d3a978c5474cf99a8967650306e.jpg

Misc. stuff.

The standard outlets

055d6b0832ddfe4b6cfbcef9e20e6636.jpg

Outlets under the bed. I bring this up because I see people say on here all the time "There are plugs under the bed for the lamps so use those". Well it's easier said than done unless you have an adaptor thing.

90576b170969407fb2891c976c2b1bbb.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

I know I have said this before, but many of you might not have seen it. When you return from port, look for the bins with Crewmembers standing there. They will exchange your dirty, wet towels for clean ones so you don't need to keep the nasty ones in your cabin until evening. Bonus - no tracking sand throughout your cabin.

6309f860a3e94b113a4150ed6e7721f2.jpg

Thank you for all of your postings.

I'm glad to hear your positive comments above the overall conditions of the Glory. We'll be aboard in early December, and had some concerns that upkeep might slack off prior to the dry-dock. We've sailed other Conquest class ships, but this will be our first time on the Glory.

Did you, by chance take pics of the American Table/Feast menus in the MDR?

I need to figure out the best night to book the Steakhouse.

Thanks again!

Thank you for all of your postings.

I'm glad to hear your positive comments above the overall conditions of the Glory. We'll be aboard in early December, and had some concerns that upkeep might slack off prior to the dry-dock. We've sailed other Conquest class ships, but this will be our first time on the Glory.

Did you, by chance take pics of the American Table/Feast menus in the MDR?

I need to figure out the best night to book the Steakhouse.

Thanks again!

They are the same as last time

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2322315