A change to Neptune & Pinnacle Suite Amenities???

kazu

We just got off a cruise where we stayed in the Pinnacle Suite. This was our 4th time in PS and was very surprised by some new complimentary amenities we were given that I have not seen advertised:

* Behind the Scenes Ship Tour. We saw this on previous cruises for $100+ dollars and were shocked to be given to the four of us for free. It was really a wonderful tour and I would recommend it highly. The concierge said they were scheduling it for the two PS suites, and if there was room available, they would offer it to others for a charge. There were a total of about 10 on the tour.

* Free non-alcoholic beverages from the refrigerator in the butlers pantry. Just take what you want from the top shelf and they would be replenished the next day by the attendant. The concierge said we would still have to pay for alcoholic beverages from the fridge...of course we got a complimentary bottle of champagne on embarkation.

* HUGE tripod and HUGE binoculars - The tripod was large and sturdy enough to hold a small telescope. Because it took up so much room, I was thinking of folding it up and putting it in the closet. But we actually used it with our camera to take some long exposure night photos in port and some group photos on the balcony. The binoculars were very large and heavy like something you might find on a navy ship. Frankly, I didn't think they were that good. However, there was also a second smaller Bushnell binoculars that was really excellent...best I have ever used so we intend to buy a pair.

They also removed the foot washer/massager from the shower that we had previously had in PS on other cruises. That is fine since it wasn't very useful and took up floor space in the shower.

We mentioned the complimentary ship tour to the hotel director at the cocktail party and he said it may be part of a new amenities package for PS. That would be great since I would love to do the tour again on our next cruise.

You never know where some people get the information they THINK they have.

On a recent cruise we met a couple in the Neptune Lounge who were irate because they did not get a butler with their Neptune suite! They swore that HAL's brochure stated that there was one for each Neptune. I tried to point out that we never had one nor had ever heard of such a thing in the Neptunes, but this fell on deaf ears so we quickly exited.

We just got off a cruise where we stayed in the Pinnacle Suite. This was our 4th time in PS and was very surprised by some new complimentary amenities we were given that I have not seen advertised:

* Behind the Scenes Ship Tour. We saw this on previous cruises for $100+ dollars and were shocked to be given to the four of us for free. It was really a wonderful tour and I would recommend it highly. The concierge said they were scheduling it for the two PS suites, and if there was room available, they would offer it to others for a charge. There were a total of about 10 on the tour.

* Free non-alcoholic beverages from the refrigerator in the butlers pantry. Just take what you want from the top shelf and they would be replenished the next day by the attendant. The concierge said we would still have to pay for alcoholic beverages from the fridge...of course we got a complimentary bottle of champagne on embarkation.

* HUGE tripod and HUGE binoculars - The tripod was large and sturdy enough to hold a small telescope. Because it took up so much room, I was thinking of folding it up and putting it in the closet. But we actually used it with our camera to take some long exposure night photos in port and some group photos on the balcony. The binoculars were very large and heavy like something you might find on a navy ship. Frankly, I didn't think they were that good. However, there was also a second smaller Bushnell binoculars that was really excellent...best I have ever used so we intend to buy a pair.

They also removed the foot washer/massager from the shower that we had previously had in PS on other cruises. That is fine since it wasn't very useful and took up floor space in the shower.

We mentioned the complimentary ship tour to the hotel director at the cocktail party and he said it may be part of a new amenities package for PS. That would be great since I would love to do the tour again on our next cruise.

Sounds very nice :). Which ship were you on please?

Seems strange that the HD was not aware?

In any case, it's a nice plus for sure :)

How did you find out that the sodas were included? Was there something in the suite telling you that the sodas were complimentary? Thanks!

This was on the Zuiderdam.

The Neptune Lounge concierge told us non-alcoholic beverages on the top shelf of the fridge were complimentary in the PS. We had a bunch of them and there were no charges on our bill at the end of the cruise for them.

In the title you state that the changes are for both the Neptune and Pinnacle suites. Do you know this is true for both? Would people staying in the Neptune suites get the tour and the free soda as well?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In the title you state that the changes are for both the Neptune and Pinnacle suites. Do you know this is true for both? Would people staying in the Neptune suites get the tour and the free soda as well?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is only for PS. I put it into this forum since it is the closest one I could find for the topic.

Torquer, this question is because I'm simply curious. I've seen pictures of the Zuiderdam Pinnacle suite on, I think, HAL facts. The decor shown was... ummmmmm..... not my idea of restrained or elegant. Let's leave it at that.

Do you know if they have re-done those suite decors?

Torquer, this question is because I'm simply curious. I've seen pictures of the Zuiderdam Pinnacle suite on, I think, HAL facts. The decor shown was... ummmmmm..... not my idea of restrained or elegant. Let's leave it at that.

Actually we had that a few years ago and while the decor looks a bit garish in pics, it was very nice in the PS.

And just to add, just got the Cruise Atlas and again it says sip a cappucino or sparkling wine in the Neptune Lounge. I feel for those that take it at face value ;)

The Zuiderdam ship, in general, had the least favorite decor of the four HAL ships we have been in. It was borderline garish at places. We like the old artwork found on most HAL ships and there is very little of that on the Zuiderdam with most of the art from the late 20th and early 21st century.

That said, the decor in the PS on the Zuiderdam was very much like the other HAL PS suites we have stayed in. There were 3-4 paintings and sculptures from the 1700s and 1800s. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the two PS rooms have half the artwork from pre-20th century on the ship. The color scheme was also much more subdued than the rest of the ship. We were perfectly happy with the PS on Zuiderdam.

This was on the Zuiderdam.

The Neptune Lounge concierge told us non-alcoholic beverages on the top shelf of the fridge were complimentary in the PS. We had a bunch of them and there were no charges on our bill at the end of the cruise for them.

Thanks for the information!