Canyon Ranch SpaClub Treatments

AnOnymously

Anyone sampled the Spa treatments on Constellation?

Are the prices reasonable and how good was it?

Enjoyed it...prices high but my treatments (facial and massage) were very good. I use port pricing...and do not buy products. Prefer Elemis products which can be purchased on line,,,

Is it just me or do the therapists always try to get you to buy something after your massage or treatment? I love the spa experience on the ship (going on the Connie in February but have tried the spa on the S class ships and also on RCCL across its fleet) but find I am always steeling myself for the end of the treatment when the therapist will start pushing products and services; it is a little downer at the end. How do fellow cruisers deal with it, assuming you experience the same thing?

Is it just me or do the therapists always try to get you to buy something after your massage or treatment? I love the spa experience on the ship (going on the Connie in February but have tried the spa on the S class ships and also on RCCL across its fleet) but find I am always steeling myself for the end of the treatment when the therapist will start pushing products and services; it is a little downer at the end. How do fellow cruisers deal with it, assuming you experience the same thing?

Tell them when you first go in, Please do not bother me at the end of my treatment with any suggestions for purchases or additional treatments. Be strong but pleasant, we all know the "pitch can ruin your treatment" If they start, I repeat my earlier request but mention that my friends on board will cancel treatments.

luvstosail

Boston Ma

As soon as they start the pitch, I tell them I have no way to take stuff home, that I can get it for a lower price on the internet and I do not buy products onboard.

Some are more pushy than others..Canyon Ranch a bit better than Steiner but some do try hard to sell...It can truly kill the mood after a relaxing massage!

And with the tip automatically added, I no longer add any extra...

To best of my recall

They have flex/port pricing for when ship is ACTUALLY in port..some ships are more lenient and give it for port days but most enforce.

example from my Jan cruise price list:

Canyon Ranch Deep Cleansing Facial is priced at $122 for 50 min...flex price is $102....all plus 18% grat added on based on price you are charged...so the therapist gets a smaller tip for port day appts..If it is exceptional I add a bit more..

Elite coupons offer a discount...same percentage as port discpohnt..

In the daily bulletin, there will be specials..usually combined treatments...or ladies/men's nite at the spa

On some days, they may offer mini treatments inside the solarium..

Tell them when you first go in, Please do not bother me at the end of my treatment with any suggestions for purchases or additional treatments. Be strong but pleasant, we all know the "pitch can ruin your treatment" If they start, I repeat my earlier request but mention that my friends on board will cancel treatments.

As soon as they start the pitch, I tell them I have no way to take stuff home, that I can get it for a lower price on the internet and I do not buy products onboard.

Some are more pushy than others..Canyon Ranch a bit better than Steiner but some do try hard to sell...It can truly kill the mood after a relaxing massage!

And with the tip automatically added, I no longer add any extra...

Yes I think I need to be firmer about it and learn to say no. It puts a real dampener just at the end and stresses me out!

To best of my recall

They have flex/port pricing for when ship is ACTUALLY in port..some ships are more lenient and give it for port days but most enforce.

example from my Jan cruise price list:

Canyon Ranch Deep Cleansing Facial is priced at $122 for 50 min...flex price is $102....all plus 18% grat added on based on price you are charged...so the therapist gets a smaller tip for port day appts..If it is exceptional I add a bit more..

Elite coupons offer a discount...same percentage as port discpohnt..

In the daily bulletin, there will be specials..usually combined treatments...or ladies/men's nite at the spa

On some days, they may offer mini treatments inside the solarium..

Thank you.

Hey! I was noticing all the comments were coming from ladies and I wanted to let you know to tell your "guy" that the Spa offers and AMAZING facial and shave - just like the barbers of old used to give. It's done in the "guys" area so manly men don't get weirded out. He only has to roll down his collar, but it's easier to take your shirt off.

The one I had on Reflection last year was awesome and I was able to use an Elite coupon for it. No sales pitch afterward, either.

Better yet - surprise him with a pre-"elegant chic" night shave. I PROMISE he'll love it!