Celebrity Sky Suite - inroom dining

bertrande

We are in an S2 cabin on the Connie in February and understand suite guests have a "full" in-room dining menu. Is this from Luminae or the MDR? Will it be served course by course or all at a go (our preference is for the latter as we have a baby with us, which makes sitting down throughout the meal a challenge)? Thank you!

We are in an S2 cabin on the Connie in February and understand suite guests have a "full" in-room dining menu. Is this from Luminae or the MDR? Will it be served course by course or all at a go (our preference is for the latter as we have a baby with us, which makes sitting down throughout the meal a challenge)? Thank you!

All staterooms on Celebrity may have their meals delivered from the MDR for lunch and dinner. The meals in suites all come from the MDR, not Luminae

Yes, it will come from the MDR. All cabins can get dinner during regular MDR hours, but yours will be served by your butler, who will bring you the menu earlier in the day if you request it. It can be served in courses or all at once, the choice is yours.

All staterooms on Celebrity may have their meals delivered from the MDR for lunch and dinner. The meals in suites all come from the MDR, not Luminae

Yes, it will come from the MDR. All cabins can get dinner during regular MDR hours, but yours will be served by your butler, who will bring you the menu earlier in the day if you request it. It can be served in courses or all at once, the choice is yours.

Thanks for the quick reply! Good to know there are options available for when the child acts up and you don't want to go to the dining room.:D

Hope you are aware that the S2 is only one room with no separate bedroom to put the baby to sleep.

It does not have a real dining table with chairs, only an adjustable coffee table.

There should be a nice large table out on the balcony, a great place to enjoy meals in good weather.

Otherwise, you may get your butler to bring the balcony table and chairs inside for you if you don't want to eat dinner off the coffee table.

But if you can swing an upgrade to a CS or higher, you would have a lot more space, comfort and convenience with a separate bedroom and regular dining table inside the suite.

Even if a CS would be a splurge for you at this time, I think it would make cruising with a baby a lot easier and more enjoyable.

Edited by varoo

Also have a chat with the M'D in Luminae. There was a couple with a young baby traveling on one of our recent cruises (lovely baby but limited sitting quietly capability as you would expect!). During breakfast each morning they 'ordered' their evening meal so as they arrived starters were served and mains not long behind...baby usually lasted well during this time as waiters were playing peek a boo every time they went past! The couple often left Luminae after their mains with desert in hand to take back to their room before the little one got restless.

If you do decide to have you meal delivered all in one go I suggest you look at chilled rather than hot deserts!

Remember you can always pick up something from the buffet to take back to your room too. If you do fancy a night out you can arrange babysitting but I think there is a minimum age so this may be worth checking.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Hope you are aware that the S2 is only one room with no separate bedroom to put the baby to sleep.

It does not have a real dining table with chairs, only an adjustable coffee table.

There should be a nice large table out on the balcony, a great place to enjoy meals in good weather.

Otherwise, you may get your butler to bring the balcony table and chairs inside for you if you don't want to eat dinner off the coffee table.

But if you can swing an upgrade to a CS or higher, you would have a lot more space, comfort and convenience with a separate bedroom and regular dining table inside the suite.

Even if a CS would be a splurge for you at this time, I think it would make cruising with a baby a lot easier and more enjoyable.

Thanks for the tip! We have our elder daughter, nanny and inlaws booked in a veranda room. Apparently Celebrity suites sleep a max of three (either that or those that sleep four were sold out - our TA said we couldn't upgrade either cabin to a suite sleeping four) so we had to book them in a veranda and not a suite but the extra room and hands on deck should help.

Also have a chat with the M'D in Luminae. There was a couple with a young baby traveling on one of our recent cruises (lovely baby but limited sitting quietly capability as you would expect!). During breakfast each morning they 'ordered' their evening meal so as they arrived starters were served and mains not long behind...baby usually lasted well during this time as waiters were playing peek a boo every time they went past! The couple often left Luminae after their mains with desert in hand to take back to their room before the little one got restless.

If you do decide to have you meal delivered all in one go I suggest you look at chilled rather than hot deserts!

That's a great suggestion! This really sounds doable so I will have a chat with DH about this. Also, I guess it's good that 99.9% of the time, we opt for chilled deserts so taking delivery of all the courses in one go will work as well. Will play by ear once we are on board.

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks for the tip! We have our elder daughter, nanny and inlaws booked in a veranda room. Apparently Celebrity suites sleep a max of three (either that or those that sleep four were sold out - our TA said we couldn't upgrade either cabin to a suite sleeping four) so we had to book them in a veranda and not a suite but the extra room and hands on deck should help.

That's a great suggestion! This really sounds doable so I will have a chat with DH about this. Also, I guess it's good that 99.9% of the time, we opt for chilled deserts so taking delivery of all the courses in one go will work as well. Will play by ear once we are on board.

Thanks again everyone!

You are aware that those in the veranda room will not be permitted to eat in Luminae with you unless you pay extra, I forget the cost but it isn't cheap.

You are aware that your inlaws and nanny will not be able to eat in Luminae with you without paying a significant charge, aren't you? They will be allocated MDR seating, your daughter, however, I think will be able to dine with you free of charge. You will be able to dine with them in the MDR just speak to the M'D.

You are aware that those in the veranda room will not be permitted to eat in Luminae with you unless you pay extra, I forget the cost but it isn't cheap.

You are aware that your inlaws and nanny will not be able to eat in Luminae with you without paying a significant charge, aren't you? They will be allocated MDR seating, your daughter, however, I think will be able to dine with you free of charge. You will be able to dine with them in the MDR just speak to the M'D.

Yes - thats's not a problem as they prefer going to the buffet most nights. Add in some nights where we are at specialty together and the cruise would be about done. ;)