VOOM and/or internet cafe on liberty?

Trevoli

Will be sailing on Liberty of the seas soon.

Got an offer for VOOM at 30% off regular price. Does LotS have VOOM? How about an internet cafe?

I have an iphone and an ipad. If I sign up for VOOM, would it only be available on ONE of those two devices?

If I sign up for a VOOM package, and there IS an internet cafe, can I use it on one of their computers?

Thanks in advance.

Got an offer for VOOM at 30% off regular price. Does LotS have VOOM? How about an internet cafe?

I have an iphone and an ipad. If I sign up for VOOM, would it only be available on ONE of those two devices?

If I sign up for a VOOM package, and there IS an internet cafe, can I use it on one of their computers?

All ships have VOOM - simply the name for internet on RCI ships. You can use your login at the internet cafe and on an unlimited number of devices - you can only have one or two devices on at the same time corresponding to the package you buy.

Edited by Biker19

Will be sailing on Liberty of the seas soon.

Thanks in advance.

Internet Cafe is on Deck 8 Aft

We are currently on Liberty of the seas out of Galveston. We purchased the 7 day surf and stream package. We have NOT been able to stream a single program. VOOM is not fast enough for actual steaming like on Netflix. Email or browsing the web is fine but not streaming. We complained and they refunded our fee. It works okay when in port when most people are off the ship, but when everyone is on at the same time the bandwidth cannot handle it. Not sure if this is fleet wide or just the Liberty.

Just ran a speed test. 9 pm, couple hours away from Cozumel out at sea. Ping: 1868 ms. Download: .31 mbps. Upload: 2.27 mbps. Good luck streaming much of anything. Why they advertise VOOM as being able to stream movies is beyond me.

Just ran a speed test. 9 pm, couple hours away from Cozumel out at sea. Ping: 1868 ms. Download: .31 mbps. Upload: 2.27 mbps. Good luck streaming much of anything. Why they advertise VOOM as being able to stream movies is beyond me.

Well, it would work if there were only a few folks on at one time. It is interesting that the up speed is pretty good while the ping and down speed are terrible.

BTW, the typical numbers for Surf are about 600 ms ping, .5Mbs down and about the same up.

This is my 12th sailing on the Liberty so far this year and can tell you it has high orbit garbage. The first two days when few people are on it doesn't suck, the rest of the time it pretty much does. The lowest ping rates are 620 ms, later in the cruise its 1000-1200 ms. Streaming? You've got to be kidding. I try to stream Fox News and it may work for a few minutes early in the cruise, but after 30 min it shuts down. Sometimes I get video without voice. Later in the cruise, forget streaming anything. Today is day 7 and I attempted to do a Speed Test and it fails Latency and shuts down.

I love everything about this ship except the wifi. The wifi is a true blight on this otherwise great ship.

I just got off the Liberty this morning. I had the VOOM surf, and I thought it was better than any other ship's internet we've had. I used it for e-mail, iMessage, Facebook, updating my next roll call:), and sending the occasional picture, and it worked great. I didn't try to do anything with video.

For me, the internet worked everywhere on the ship except the Windjammer.

This is my 12th sailing on the Liberty so far this year and can tell you it has high orbit garbage. The first two days when few people are on it doesn't suck, the rest of the time it pretty much does. The lowest ping rates are 620 ms, later in the cruise its 1000-1200 ms. Streaming? You've got to be kidding. I try to stream Fox News and it may work for a few minutes early in the cruise, but after 30 min it shuts down. Sometimes I get video without voice. Later in the cruise, forget streaming anything. Today is day 7 and I attempted to do a Speed Test and it fails Latency and shuts down.

I love everything about this ship except the wifi. The wifi is a true blight on this otherwise great ship.

Maybe they just didn't want you watching Fox News [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums