Premium All Inclusive offer extended in Europe

hawkeyetlse

I just received an e-mail from NCL announcing that starting today (for cruises starting January 2017), French bookings will now receive the "Premium All Inclusive" offer that they first introduced for the German/Austrian/Swiss markets last year.

This means that all adults in the cabin receive the UBP, plus specialty coffees at meals (in dining rooms and restaurants), plus one bottle of water per person per day. The UBP service charge and the daily gratuities are included in the cruise fare. Haven/suite guests receive additional perks (SDP for everyone, Internet and OBC for the cabin). The full details are here for people who can access the page.

Has anyone else in Europe received this notification? I wonder if they are rolling out "Premium All Inclusive" to other European or Continental European markets.

Premium all inclusive sounds nice. However, I used the French Site to price out my current (USA booked) cruise: IX €1,469 vs $649 and SC €3699 vs $2849 so I don't think I will be enticed or too envious.

Yes, it definitely depends on the fares. But IX, for example, comes with no perks in the US, while all categories are included in the Premium All Inclusive offer. (Also, keep in mind that the European prices also already include the taxes and fees.)

People who are traveling with 3 or 4 drinkers in one cabin will probably want to book with this offer, since they'll get the UBP (and DSC) included for all 4 guests. :)

Speaking of which, to all those people who say that they wish the cruise lines would eliminate the DSC and just roll it into the fare already… Your prayers have been answered. Learn French or German and book this offer! :D

Yes, I agree the IX would be a bad example if that category in France gets the all inclusive offer as I did not check for that. I also agree it makes for a better value if you have a 3rd & 4th. When I looked it showed €656 in taxes & fees. I did not see where it said DSC included, that would be nice. We can book in English on the French Site.

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/vacations/#filter-expanded

Edited by Até

What do the terms & conditions mean that drinks over $15 are excluded, is that a translation issue? Here's my google translation as that section is not available in English:

VARIED CHOICE BEVERAGES INCLUDED FOR ADULTS:

Valid for all customers from 21 years. Includes: A large selection of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and beer bottle or pressure up to US $ 15 as well as alcohol-free beers. Also soft drinks and juices. 18% tip included. 20% discount given on board on the purchase of wines, sparkling wines and champagne bottle (local VAT may be due depending on the destination). Excluded: The wines by the glass, beer bottle or pressure beyond $ 15, the cab service packages drinks, bottled water (one bottle of a free liter per person per day) , promotions board or beer buckets, the exclusive premium quality brands (subject to change), bottled wines, freshly squeezed juices, coffee specialties Lavazza ordered under the cab service in the bars or coffee bar in the atrium, wine coolers, energy drinks, or vending machines, mini-bars, ice bar.

Could you also clarify the section on All Inclusive tips, which I assume is the included DSC you mentioned:

TIPS INCLUDE:

All tips to all the All Inclusive service and gratuities recommended for staff are included. Regarding the restoration of offers and wellness care not included in the cruise fare, a tip of 18% is charged automatically. As regards the services which are not included in the price of the cruise, we encourage people who use it to perform accordingly of the costs of these services. We also invite customers using the services relating to suites with butler and concierge services at tipping in proportion to the benefits that were provided

If you do a cruise search and start doing a mock booking, all the prices you see include the taxes and fees. Once you select a specific category/stateroom, you can see a breakdown of the price into "cruise fare" + "gov't taxes, fees, & port expenses" for each guest. But the total is the price you saw earlier; they don't add the taxes and fees on top of that price.

What do the terms & conditions mean that drinks over $15 are excluded, is that a translation issue?
It says they are excluded. The terms of the UBP on the US site also say that drinks over $15 are not included. What's missing in the French (and German) terms is the statement that you get a $15 discount if you go over, and you only pay the difference. Whether that actually means that the French/German UBP works differently, I doubt it, but I don't know for sure.
Could you also clarify the section on All Inclusive tips, which I assume is the included DSC you mentioned
"Gratuities recommended for staff" refers to the DSC. Customers who book this offer will not have the $13.50 daily charge added to their onboard accounts (nor can they remove it). "Tips to all the All Inclusive service" refers to the 18% on the UBP, or tips on drinks covered by the UBP. As it has always been up to now, customers in Europe who receive the free UBP don't pay any service charges on it. Edited by hawkeyetlse

If you do a cruise search and start doing a mock booking, all the prices you see include the taxes and fees. Once you select a specific category/stateroom, you can see a breakdown of the price into "cruise fare" + "gov't taxes, fees, & port expenses" for each guest. But the total is the price you saw earlier; they don't add the taxes and fees on top of that price.

I now see what you're saying, it definitely included taxes & fees in the advertised price, it just breaks it down in the booking. Not that bad then. I couldn't decipher DSC was included from the French T&C.

• 2 years later...

NCL Germany announced today that with April, 2nd, NCL change they premium all inclusive to free at see. You can pay 99 EUR and you can choose two perks out of 5. They wrote the change is for the europe market, so i think other countries in Europe will do the same. Did they annonce this in other countries in Europe?

Will see if they change the prices in April or a knew way to get more money, we will see.