Booking for December. Deal or No Deal?

calisoldier83

I was looking to book a trip from DEC 17, 2016 - DEC 24, 2016.

7 DAY TO MEXICAN RIVIERA FROM LOS ANGELES, CA

CARNIVAL MIRACLE

I was informed that I might get a deal waiting till the last minute. I've been checking the last couple weeks and seeing no change in price. In fact, the cheaper options (interior) appear to be getting fully booked. I was hoping the nicer rooms would drop in price, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

It looks like the only economical rooms left might be near the engine or high traffic areas, which I cannot handle. I'm a veteran so I have some issues with loud noises, etc.

Not sure what my options are now. Any suggestions?

The trouble as far as price drops go is that you are looking at a very busy time. Most kids in CA start their Christmas break right around then. I think if you for sure want to go, booking now is your best bet.

Have a great trip and thank you fof your service. I am very sorry about your struggles.

We booked a 5 day cruise on the Triumph for the same week. Not one price drop and we booked it over a year ago. Price is now several hundred dollars more than we paid originally. We'll probably continue to book cruises during this week since I want to stop cruising during hurricane season. But I know now not to expect any price drops.

I don't know who gave you the advice to wait but we have never found a cheaper rate than when we book 12-18 months in advance out of long beach. the suites pricing never goes down on any of our cruises.

Unfortunately people always say that the prices will go down the closer you get to the ship sailing, but they don't understand how it works. The people who told you that may have gotten a last minute deal one time, and if they did, they just happened to get lucky. The prices change based on availability and demand, so each cruise is different. Since this cruise is during a Holiday, the prices are much more likely to go up instead of down. So if you looked at the same itinerary a week or 2 earlier, the prices might be going down every day, but this one is probably going to go up and get sold out pretty fast.

If this is the cruise you know you want to go on, then I would recommend that you book now. You might also want to book through a travel agent, who will help you find the best cabin available that isn't in a noisy area.

I was looking to book a trip from DEC 17, 2016 - DEC 24, 2016.

7 DAY TO MEXICAN RIVIERA FROM LOS ANGELES, CA

CARNIVAL MIRACLE

I was informed that I might get a deal waiting till the last minute. I've been checking the last couple weeks and seeing no change in price. In fact, the cheaper options (interior) appear to be getting fully booked. I was hoping the nicer rooms would drop in price, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

It looks like the only economical rooms left might be near the engine or high traffic areas, which I cannot handle. I'm a veteran so I have some issues with loud noises, etc.

Not sure what my options are now. Any suggestions?

First off, thank you for your service!:)

I found two obstructed ocean view rooms on Main deck 4 which is a very quiet deck, cabins 4202 & 4205. We have stayed on that deck a few times.

The price without knowing how many people you have and inputting any info such as state you reside in and past cruiser, is $774.00PP & $104.49 for port fees & taxes.

That is not a bad price at all.

Edited by tonit964
spelling error/info