Dsc refund question

luvtheships

Quick question pertaining to Ncl acknowledgement of dsc refund request...

Do they send an email confirmation that they have received your request?

Just wondering how a pax who submits the request well within the 30 days would be able to know for sure that Ncl got the request and is processing it

I know they say refund is within 2 weeks but because of the 30 day requirement to submit and the usual delays by Ncl it makes sense to keep on top of this and to want to have confirmation of received request

Does anyone have a number for this particular Dept by chance?

Thanks....and no this is not a question about if dsc should or should not be removed or if crew does or does not get dsc

It's a question asking.....does Ncl acknowledge via email the receipt of the dsc removal request

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

quite the little fire starter aren't you?

If you call asking about email acknowledgements from a CRUISELINE that I use frequently...then ok...so be it

It's a valid question....does Ncl acknowledge receipt via email when a pax requests a dsc adjustment?

Sorry you don't like the topic and unable to answer the question but it's a valid concern regardless

Edited by luvtheships

Lol you folks are very very funny....

Where exactly did you read I said I didn't tip or that I removed the dsc?

Im interested in the turn around time and email acknowledgement

Why am I asking?

Because I want to know if Ncl has cut down the waiting time at all and perhaps has improved their operations staff in Miami because as a frequent Ncl cruiser I'm disappointed at some of the issues I've read about and would love it if Ncl operations could improve.

I also heard many guest services crew tell pax that it would take 2 weeks

That surprised me because of all the issues I've seen posted here

I didn't say anything to guest services...and if you must know...I was asking about something totally non related to dsc lol...but it surprised me how confident they were about it taking 2 weeks when the told OTHER pax who asked

Was it a party line or could it be true?

Edited by luvtheships

The front desk staff say whatever shoreside tells them to say. They have no first-hand knowledge of how long it takes, they're not the one who process the requests, and they risk nothing personally by telling you two weeks, if it's actually two months (maybe more).

If you did not remove the DSC then why are you asking about refund time since it wouldn't affect you.

Because I don't cruise alone and someone in my party actually tipped in cash....overtipping IMHO....and is more than comfortable with just tipping mdr and steward and bartenders and pool deck staff. You know those that give personal service

They are not at all concerned about laundry and kitchen staff

even tipped a few that IMHO didn't needed to be to the tune of $30/40 a day for just themselves.

Ate in the mdr breakfast and lunch several times too.

That person is not on CC nor wants to be. Lol

Happy now...those are the details.

Edited by luvtheships

Nosy people :cool:

Lol. It's an older person and no email so I'm assuming I'll get the email as they were on my folio and ressie

When I get the credit card refund I'll just write a check

They seriously overtipped btw

1st time cruiser

If I had known I could have prevented it

Edited by luvtheships

Not sure what country you live in but 99% of all full service restaurants in the US pay their servers minimum wage for servers ($2.13) and then they rely on tips for their remaining pay, we start our servers at more then triple that and on average most servers go home with about 275 in cash each night for a 8-10 hour shift plus their pay. 85% of my servers have been with me since we opened in 1998

I heard today that in the state of WA some restaurants are taking the tip line off of the checks, and charging more for the food. Servers in WA, like those in CA, must be paid the minimum wage. The consumer pays about the same for the dinner. The minimum wage for all workers in WA is above $12 now, and headed for $15. Your workers under that "new living minimum wage" would be earning $15 an hour instead of the nearly $30 an hour they earn with tips.

When people say "remove tipping and pay the workers" what they don't realize is that tipped positions have the opportunity to pay much more than the minimum wage they are proposing.

I heard today that in the state of WA some restaurants are taking the tip line off of the checks, and charging more for the food. Servers in WA, like those in CA, must be paid the minimum wage. The consumer pays about the same for the dinner. The minimum wage for all workers in WA is above $12 now, and headed for $15. Your workers under that "new living minimum wage" would be earning $15 an hour instead of the nearly $30 an hour they earn with tips.

When people say "remove tipping and pay the workers" what they don't realize is that tipped positions have the opportunity to pay much more than the minimum wage they are proposing.

absolutely and remember all those fast food workers who were protesting in Washington for 15 dollars an hour for Mc Donalds and other fast food workers, well a lot of them have been replaced by self ordering kiosks. Be careful what you wish for

Because I don't cruise alone and someone in my party actually tipped in cash....overtipping IMHO....and is more than comfortable with just tipping mdr and steward and bartenders and pool deck staff. You know those that give personal service

They are not at all concerned about laundry and kitchen staff

even tipped a few that IMHO didn't needed to be to the tune of $30/40 a day for just themselves.

Ate in the mdr breakfast and lunch several times too.

That person is not on CC nor wants to be. Lol

Happy now...those are the details.

Oh, so they prefer dirty sheets and towels?

Oh, so they prefer dirty sheets and towels?

Another funny. I didn't know the sheets were assigned to specific staterooms and since dsc is removed after the cruise it has no bearing on the current cruiser

. But good try or are you implying Ncl doesn't change sheets between cruises?

Edited by luvtheships

I'm sorry. Luvtheships. Forgive me? Two glasses of wine and world series. I shouldn't have.

Just tried to edit/delete. You are too quick.

Should have winked. It was a good try.

Edited by DMH15

Lol. It's an older person and no email so I'm assuming I'll get the email as they were on my folio and ressie

When I get the credit card refund I'll just write a check

Since the refund form had to be requested at front desk and then emailed, did they get the form? Who emailed it? You?

Since the refund form had to be requested at front desk and then emailed, did they get the form? Who emailed it? You?

There is no form to email

It's just a link to go to and fill out and just press send

The forms are not numbered when given out at guest services either as previously reported

It's very simple and yes I did it for my cruising companion as they do not use a computer

Im just asking if anyone has gotten an email confirmation

Do you recall how long it took? Form was filed last Thursday.

Just want to keep an eye on this due to the 30 day thing plus it being for my cruise companion

Same day; within hours. The receipt came from a third party vendor at an NCL address. When I sent it in my title included my booking number. maybe that helped.