Alaska cruise prices

JOHN 57

the smat a$$.

Are you going back in time? :)

I haven't seen any 2018 schedules and I have been looking - who has them posted? I think the Bliss is suppose to start the 2018 Season too. That would be cool. We went on one of the first trips for the Escape and loved it.

The highest demand for cruises from May to September currently is Alaska . Europe in general has gone soft because of the unrest there.

That is way Celebrity and HAL have pulled ships from the Med. NCL and RCCL are moving capacity to Alaska for summer 2017 and 2018.

Edited by Kamloops50

When i called Celebrity to book ours that is what she told me too. I could not believe that almost all balconies were gone for ALL cruises this far in advance (but i have never did alaska so not sure what to expect) She told me bookings have been "swift" for alaska cruises due to people wanting to stay in the states and not travel abroad this year. Makes sense, although i hadn't thought about it before she told me. I have also ran into a few excursions that are completely booked already as well. Some of that may be people pre-booking and will cancel later, BUT if you want a specific time better book now.

When i called Celebrity to book ours that is what she told me too. I could not believe that almost all balconies were gone for ALL cruises this far in advance (but i have never did alaska so not sure what to expect) She told me bookings have been "swift" for alaska cruises due to people wanting to stay in the states and not travel abroad this year. Makes sense' date=' although i hadn't thought about it before she told me. I have also ran into a few excursions that are completely booked already as well. Some of that may be people pre-booking and will cancel later, BUT if you want a specific time better book now.[/quote']

There are a lot cabins booked in a block at this time. At some point these blocked cabins are released back to the cruise line.

There are a lot cabins booked in a block at this time. At some point these blocked cabins are released back to the cruise line.

That is what I am hoping. (fingers crossed) closer to final payment time i would like to move my sister to a balcony room closer to ours.

Has anyone noticed, how high the cruise prices are for the summer of 1918. Hopefully they will go down.

We’ve cruised to Alaska many, many times and the price of the cruises haven’t gone up all that much over the years. If you’re a real cheapster and you want to go to Alaska try the “Alaska Marine Highway System” http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/ they go to a lot of places cruise ships don’t go.

$140 round trip to Seward from Seattle in 1930 so probably a little less in 1918. $176 in the Summer + 40% higher for private bath.

https://www.anchoragemuseum.org/media/5997/brochure_alaskasteamship.pdf See last page

Oddly enough 6-7 days each way - so not so different from now.

Sorry couldn't resist. :D

Edited by Sequim88