Recent Platinum Jade Cruisers question

susique

We are sailing on the Jade for the first time in January. I was booking dinner reservations and noticed that the Jade does not list an Italian restaurant. We will have 2 vouchers for dinner and wine as a platinum perk, We used to love La Bistro, but after they changed the menus, not so much.

Does the Jade offer an alternate restaurant to use the platinum vouchers?

Thanks

We are sailing on the Jade for the first time in January. I was booking dinner reservations and noticed that the Jade does not list an Italian restaurant. We will have 2 vouchers for dinner and wine as a platinum perk, We used to love La Bistro, but after they changed the menus, not so much.

Does the Jade offer an alternate restaurant to use the platinum vouchers?

Thanks

We were on the Jade in September, and all though we didn't have any dinners in the Italian restaurant on board this time, I am pretty certain they have one - La Cucina (it is situated on deck 11 aft, if I remember correctly).

But note that Jade still has the "old" menu in Le Bistro - and I believe that will be the status also in January, since she will be going in to dry dock in the spring of 2017, and on the other ships the new Bistro menu has been offered after dry dock...

Edited by TrumpyNor

We were on the Jade in September, and all though we didn't have any dinners in the Italian restaurant on board this time, I am pretty certain they have one - La Cucina (it is situated on deck 11 aft, if I remember correctly).

But note that Jade still has the "old" menu in Le Bistro - and I believe that will be the status also in January, since she will be going in to dry dock in the spring of 2017, and on the other ships the new Bistro menu has been offered after dry dock...

I hope they still have the old menus. I loved the mussels the old way and my husband liked the lamb chops.

But when I searched the NCL website to explore what dining is available on the Jade it does not list an Italian restaurant.

I hope they still have the old menus. I loved the mussels the old way and my husband liked the lamb chops.

But when I searched the NCL website to explore what dining is available on the Jade it does not list an Italian restaurant.

Here is the result I found, and it certainly list also the Italian restaurant (La Cucina):

https://www.ncl.com/no/en/whats-on-board/speciality-dining

Edit: The link to the Jade website worked fine two minutes ago, and not for the moment, seems like some technical glitch....

Edited by TrumpyNor

It's deck 12 aft. In front of the Great Outdoors (which I love), and next the back of the buffet. They actually use the seating at lunch when there's an overflow in the buffet.

Platinum certificates can ONLY be used in Le Bistro and La Cucina.

We totally agree that we prefer the old menus! We had the new menus on the Escape in May, old menus on the Jewel in August and the new menus on the Dawn in September.

We were in the galley watching the butcher take the beautiful lamb chops, cut out the loin, and throw out the bone to make the new lamb medallions for Le Bistro. What a waste. The seasoning is not the same.

It's deck 12 aft. In front of the Great Outdoors (which I love), and next the back of the buffet. They actually use the seating at lunch when there's an overflow in the buffet.

Thanks, I see it now. It's funny that the "Explore our Ship" section on the website does not show it and we cannot do a reservation. I will wait and reserve when we board.

I left Jade in Barcelona yesterday and can confirm it is still the 'old' menus in Le Bistro and Cagneys - I prefer them to the new menus as well.

Can't guarantee it will be the same for you in January but it's pretty likely they will wait until after the dry dock before changing them.

Le Bistro was a truly fantastic meal and the most memorable of the trip.

I can also confirm La Cucina is still on the Jade and likely won't be changed until after the dry dock, if at all.