Included Beverage Package

bradleyk

So it seems like NCL is pulling a lot of cruisers with their included perks like beverage packages and specialty dining. We are currently booked on the NCL Epic, but would like to try a freedom class ship. But when adding in the cost of beverage packages NCL always wins out.

Do you see royal doing an offer with included beverage packages?

So it seems like NCL is pulling a lot of cruisers with their included perks like beverage packages and specialty dining. We are currently booked on the NCL Epic, but would like to try a freedom class ship. But when adding in the cost of beverage packages NCL always wins out.

Interestingly, for UK Cruisers cruising in Europe there is usually a drink package included...

Maybe RCI think Brits drink lots :):eek:

Jean

Nothing's ever included free. You will just pay for it with increased fares. Personally I hope that they don't offer all inclusive drinks included as I'm not interested in paying more so that others can drink.

I was thinking of trying NCL cruise but the price is much higher then RCCL. RCCL charges about $44 without discount for ultimate beverage package per day per person and doesn't require all the guests over 21 to purchase. NCL package is about $80 per person and everyone over age of 21 in the stateroom must purchase it. They quoted me the beverage package would be almost $1k for 2 people, plus my 2 yr has to have a kids package when he only drink water and milk. So we decided to stick with RCCL. Plus we love freedom class. RCCL is currently running great promotions on Freedom class or Oasis depending on the sailing. Good luck with your decision.

We sailed on the Norwegian Spirit April, 2016 with the complimentary Beverage Package. It was lacking, in my opinion, of drink selection and commitment by NCL to the program. The lack of servers who roam the outer decks serving drinks was noticeable- we are sailing on the Navigator April, 2017 but don't drink enough to warrant the Beverage Package so we're hoping RCCL will still have servers available to fetch us a drink from time to time.

Nothing's ever included free. You will just pay for it with increased fares. Personally I hope that they don't offer all inclusive drinks included as I'm not interested in paying more so that others can drink.

You are absolutely correct that nothing is for free. But I do prefer it in the booking price.

You are absolutely correct that nothing is for free. But I do prefer it in the booking price.

At least now with Royal you can book a beverage package for one or all in your party, pay for it beforehand and treat it as part of your cruise cost as opposed to finding a huge bar bill under your door when you wake up the last morning.

If it were included in the price where it was a choice of perks then I would not be opposed to it as then I could choose a perk that appealed to me and that I would get a benefit from.