Marketing and on board charges

English Tim

Lot of info in this thread. We are currently on board the Oceania Insignia.

First, all of our TA provided OBC/SBC is always refundable.

From time to time our agent receives promotional dollars which are used to reduce the upfront cost of the cruise. It is not used as OBC/SBC. Others may handle it differently but we prefer the upfront reduction in the fare.

Men's haircut $33 plus 18% gratuity.

Women's haircut $78 plus 18% gratuity.

Rates at home are similar unless you get exotic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

We used our OBC in (slightly over priced) spa treatment, wine, La Reserve and a scarf designed by the artist in residence. Came out owing $6.50. However, found on this board another option is to buy chips, play a little and cash them in.

We used our OBC in (slightly over priced) spa treatment, wine, La Reserve and a scarf designed by the artist in residence. Came out owing $6.50. However, found on this board another option is to buy chips, play a little and cash them in.

You can buy the chips using onboard credit from your TA or Oceania? I didn't think that was possible, but I've never had Oceania credit, only TA credit, so wouldn't really know.

However, found on this board another option is to buy chips, play a little and cash them in.

Have you done this on Oceania with a Non refundable OBC ???

I think most lines are now catching on to this scam & closing that loophole ;)

It's really very simple.

Gratuities - together with all other onboard expenses (drinks, excursions, spa, shop purchases, etc) - go on to your onboard account as expenses.

OBC (both from TA and cruise line) goes on your account as a credit. If you spend more than your OBC, then you will have a balance due; if less then you will have credit. OBC from TA can be refundable; that from cruise line is not and has to be spent or lost.

That's it :)

Yes -with one added item. O uses the non-refundable OBC first to cover the onboard expenses (including auto-gratuities). Anything left at the end will then be from whatever refundable OBC remains. That will be returned to you as cash before you leave the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums