Live from the Reflection 11-5 to 11-12-2016

seadog67

FYSA. Disembarkation is about an hour behind this morning. Might consider that in your boarding plans.

Tom

Thanks for the heads up Tommy, even though we are jonesin to get on we are going to wait until later am to head over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So being antsy and impatient, we headed out to get a closer look at Reflection. We walked through Riverview Park down to the Marina near the port:

Seems this guy stays docked and is for receptions and such:

db84a5bed166824db294c81b95b83ac2.jpg

Beautiful walk along the inlet: temperature is perfect for a stroll:

374ca36efcfa4de005222f80fb71712b.jpg

Just like a pirate map X marks the spot!

0248953a278c74f43d671cf8524da110.jpg

Florida Senator Claude Pepper Statue

9fccb509969f96bfee8c6a08aee42850.jpg

Sculpture near a kids play area in the park

c16288d9e30747ff1b59dc73e577a621.jpg

People with their dogs walking and playing, these two put on quite a show as they ran and played:

d8182f05d5a935bc30e12602587e547d.jpg

Edited by seadog67

This building has a perfect view of the sunrise.

7c5ef8bc52e4d99d98ad86243a529159.jpg

This picture immediately brought to mind the song "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay", specifically "sittin in the mornin sun,I'll be sittin when the evenin comes..."

66f83084973e531ac3efa65350c7c6d5.jpg

Good ole Christopher

45cedceedd73d73c28ebe16fdf301e41.jpg

65457c2710dad03a1227688368495756.jpg

This, sadly was as close as we could get to Reflection..

075c23d3426c62381b62f3ee82836c4a.jpg

So we headed back

700cbe7d2f6cff8a512ed553cc2bd814.jpg

Well, unless something exciting happens beforehand, the next report will be from embarkation onto Reflection. Thanks for following and checking in everyone!

Also if anyone has questions, just post them and I will try, not always successfully, to find answers during the cruise.

Happy Saturday !

4c856fd919eb6526f6ec26ddc0b966a0.jpg

cf0a83bdb7862aafa2f8440b1f15e35c.jpg

0e78fdbd5f749721d5fad8cd1edbf397.jpg

Have a fantastic time! Enjoying your posts and will be waiting to view your 'reflections' during you journey on the Reflection. We set sail on Reflection March 4th. By then we should be pretty dang tired of snow and cold here in Western New York!

Have a fantastic time! Enjoying your posts and will be waiting to view your 'reflections' during you journey on the Reflection. We set sail on Reflection March 4th. By then we should be pretty dang tired of snow and cold here in Western New York!

Thanks CMW! Have a blast in March! Thanks for following!

Some arrival pics:

620718841c23c7c96032c7376ecdadb2.jpg

b19f47a4473081c8cc49f6b8dc60e732.jpg

647e9299f08808e0ebb2e7d09e7420a9.jpg

a51b203d53a05bbe7cd572a793cfe947.jpg

In the Q to checkin

5c3d8441a5eea6e485330b5dbbfeeca8.jpg

So you may remember a similar picture to this one earlier when we first arrived

5f85440886eaf42719bfb197bdddb24e.jpg

Then you saw us checking in, and now we are back outside, after checking in with everyone else who have checked in

cb9f63f67d64f2a090ad6f007706d2fd.jpg

As everyone is being sent outside and free shuttles to bayside as boarding will not commence until 2:30pm now.

Guess we should have waited but we all know how anticipation gets the best of us lol.

I guess Miami terminal does not have a large waiting area.

Edited by seadog67

After having an hour to observe the Miami Checkin and Boarding process, and discounting the confusion with delayed boarding, this is the worst embarkation terminal as far as signage and direction we have seen. It is sad watching people stand in one line for 30 minutes then be told you need to get in the back of the other line over there, with no signage until you get right up to the door area.

Really poor setup compared to embarking from ft lauderdale, port canaveral and even NY.

Still beats the bests days at work :)

Hi Seadog- We're sailing on Reflection this afternoon,too. We haven't received any notification about the delayed boarding today (similar to the email that we were sent a few days ago telling us not to arrive before noon.) We're still sitting in our room at the JW Marriott so I'm in no hurray to rush over there to stand in lines or shuttle to Bayside ....looks like rain right now :(. Any word on when we are scheduled to sail....I know it can't be the original 4pm?? I'd rather wait here and head over later...just don't want to be too late. Any info would be helpful!! Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Seadog- We're sailing on Reflection this afternoon,too. We haven't received any notification about the delayed boarding today (similar to the email that we were sent a few days ago telling us not to arrive before noon.) We're still sitting in our room at the JW Marriott so I'm in no hurray to rush over there to stand in lines or shuttle to Bayside ....looks like rain right now :(. Any word on when we are scheduled to sail....I know it can't be the original 4pm?? I'd rather wait here and head over later...just don't want to be too late. Any info would be helpful!! Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They just boarded many people and I did not ask, but I overheard the sailing is still as scheduled from a crew member answering questions. I would head over in a bit just to be sure.

We finally made it on with many others. If I hear anything I will post it.

While the boarding and checkin were a bit confused earlier and going through the line and checkin again we finally boarded and are having our first drink - Cheers!

d5c9de03711958fa9245f01438fc1f50.jpg

Staterooms are ready as well, so check back for updates on our concierge balcony stateroom.

One of the lobby atrium, not fully sure where we are as of yet in relation to forward or aft.

c10974ff5188869ce882a0765b454766.jpg

Stateroom 1012 concierge cabin with balcony

57a92593448296d6c464beeae779ec4d.jpg

cef694a8b8b6edc60fde37e6077962fd.jpg

91319f378adff329242be3d55d6eab5d.jpg

I like the curved wall below the bed, feels like more room than other balcony cabins on other lines we sailed

40e983f7af77f7a067649c526dc818fb.jpg

23f44b5e2fa771802c0177943fb2cb85.jpg

Cont

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hope you have a great cruise. We'll be on the Reflection in 2 weeks. I'm interested in how you'll like the Beach Bungalows at Labadee. We are trying to decide between paying for cabanas or bungalow. Can you let us know about the location, price and any extra benefits you get for your bungalow? Also if you know how to go about renting a cabanas and which is a preferred location.

Hope you have a great cruise

Hope you have a great cruise. We'll be on the Reflection in 2 weeks. I'm interested in how you'll like the Beach Bungalows at Labadee. We are trying to decide between paying for cabanas or bungalow. Can you let us know about the location, price and any extra benefits you get for your bungalow? Also if you know how to go about renting a cabanas and which is a preferred location.

Hope you have a great cruise

Thanks!

Will do. The bungalo was $250, and will give a full review once back onboard.

Cabanas on labadee, when I checked the website it said they needed to be booked once onboard. Not sure, since we booked so late if they were sold out or if they can only be purchased once onboard. Maybe others can chime in and offer better advice until I can find out for you.

I know one of the beaches is for grand suite or higher suites and those cabanas can only be purchased if your in those level suites, so those are different than other beaches.

Check back on thursday and I will post as much as possible about them.

Take good care of the reflection for us. We board upon your return!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll try, but since were so close to the bridge I may try and divert us for a few extra days :)

We are sailing Dec 3 ! Do you know how much the Spec. dining is going for? Have a great cruise! Bob & Donna

I will find out if there is a package for multiple dining but I know we booked Tuscan Grille and that was $35 per person.