Live from the Reflection 11-5 to 11-12-2016

seadog67

We are on the same cruise. Hope we enjoy the Reflection this time. Our experience during the inaugural year on her was less than satisfactory. With all the recent positive comments we decided to try again. Our favorite Celebrity ship is the Eclipse with the Equinox a close second.

Edited by NYDee

Hi SeaDog67

You will LOVE the Intercontinental. Ask for a room that has a view of the port and in the morning when you wake up you will see the Reflection off in the distance!!!!

The view from our room

12520701913_7964e57716_c.jpg

You should also walk over to Bayside Marketplace. We typically have dinner there (we love Mambo's for some cuban food). And on Friday nights they often have a band set up on the north end. It's a fun way to start your vacation!.

Hi SeaDog67

You will LOVE the Intercontinental. Ask for a room that has a view of the port and in the morning when you wake up you will see the Reflection off in the distance!!!!

The view from our room

12520701913_7964e57716_c.jpg

You should also walk over to Bayside Marketplace. We typically have dinner there (we love Mambo's for some cuban food). And on Friday nights they often have a band set up on the north end. It's a fun way to start your vacation!.

Awesome themutis! We are going to try all that, thanks for the tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the same cruise. Hope we enjoy the Reflection this time. Our experience during the inaugural year on her was less than satisfactory. With all the recent positive comments we decided to try again. Our favorite Celebrity ship is the Eclipse with the Equinox a close second.

Have a great cruise seadog !! I'll be with you in spirit.

Thanks, glad your with us HAM! NYDee, I am certain we all are going to have a blast! Safe travels!

The exciting terminal C at Philadelphia International

Asian food option

fa8145bacca173c4f59c4fbff652d5ef.jpg

30d0b62e15d75a990bec7b3690ab1411.jpg

No time for the spa right now...

90238994809e66743412e7879b453076.jpg

Burrito anyone?

186b7d954e406caacb79aa51044a8429.jpg

How about a philly soft pretzel

871f7f1195ce60461ca74770c8b6e3d8.jpg

You can wash it all down with a Jamba Juice

b4901a88fd2f3b67a1aae208c0e2d3d4.jpg

Definitely ask for a high room with a view at the IC. The views of the port in the early morning are great. We will be staying there again in February when it's our turn to board the Reflection.

We don't share the love of Bayside Marketplace, but there are plenty of options for food and drinks a short walk or Uber ride away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely ask for a high room with a view at the IC. The views of the port in the early morning are great. We will be staying there again in February when it's our turn to board the Reflection.

We don't share the love of Bayside Marketplace, but there are plenty of options for food and drinks a short walk or Uber ride away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great, thanks again we are looking forward to it! Have a great time in February also.

Just finished boarding up up and away!

Good morning Cruise Critics, welcome to the Official Day of the Cruise on Reflection.

Called it an early night last night after strolling the Market Place Shops and taking in some sights. That has lead to an early morning.

At 6 am we get a phone call telling us "good morning this is your wakeup call" to which I replied we placed no wakeup call order. Thankfully we were already up, but then a second call chimes in and they insist this room put in a wakeup call order.... "Sir, I am looking at the order now, room 2224 wakeup at 6 am".... uhhh ok except you are dialing room 2204..... it takes a third call for them to believe their call system is messed up.

No biggie and we hope 2224 gets their wakeup eventually :)

We just missed the arrival parade, but here is our first darkish glimpse of Reflection

c98ecd5195b9e6c1d6f1afcd3efe1b3c.jpg

Since we were up I strolled the now quiet lobby area of the Intercontinental

1a2825a3637bf361bf3b76e600ea0500.jpg

ed86559981e7705761ab5d34623d4159.jpg

f5426630c7616255490e5521f410de75.jpg

cda215d56f230cce56b0be266b126a4c.jpg

Edited by seadog67

Todays forecast for Miami

563528331ab17db4ef49e790715b826e.jpg

We received notice that since Reflection needs more time to clear customs today since arriving from Europe, we should plan to arrive between 12-12:30 for deck 10 Staterooms.

Guess we will be sightseeing more of downtown Miami.

The porter downstairs said they have 500 checkouts today so the elevators might be very crowded, so we will try and get out early, as we want as much time on the Reflection.

Have a great day and cruise. Go to the Sunset Bar and tell "Ninja," Tespy, Mario, Tadfy and Santa Clause that Tom misses them already.

Cheers.

Will do Tommy! Safe travels home today.

We will be on her in February for the second time. LOVE the Solstice class ships......I love your "Live" reviews! My wife has been catching up on your previous ones! Have a blast and post a bunch! :)

Awesome hombr! Glad you're along for the ride with us, and hope you have a blast in February!

Just returned from an unsuccessful excursion to get closer pics of Reflection, but downloading some shots now. It is a beautiful morning here in Miami.