Port Everglades Starting Mobile Passport Control Program

Fouremco

Thanks for the information.

Let us know how this works out when you all get back.

We downloaded the app before we left for the Harmony OTS inaugural which returned to Port Everglades (PE) Tuesday 11/8. No problem there!

At debarkation, as we went through CBP, the lines for Mobile Pass were clearly indicated and only Mobile Pass users were allowed to use them. It worked for some, not many, but it didn't work for us.

I tried to complete the form 7 hours before the arrival but the notice at the end of the form states that the form cannot be submitted until within 4 hours of the arrival. When I tried again right before debarkation, that little box appeared stating that the form could not be submitted and to use the regular line. I tried a few times and got the same response. We were disappointed since evidently some were able to use the app.

A LITTLE TIP: one of the questions on this form is what the terminal of arrival is which I was unable to get an answer for from Guest Services until morning. Be sure to have that number available to you. I was right not to trust the PE website which gave me a different number than what the crew stated.

Regarding Global Entry at Port Everglades, I came in on HAL's ms Koningsdam on the 9th of Nov. @ Terminal 21. Exited the ship at 8:30am, the customs hall was a madhouse of people and luggage.

In the regular customs line, they were snaking back and forth. Saw signs where the luggage was, for Global Entry card holders, followed the signs to the right hand side of the hall where there were about 15 people in line... Wow, I said. GE just paid for itself.

They had agents shouting in the hall for GE holders to have your GE card in hand when going through that line. All we did was show our GE card, along with your passport, to the CPB agent behind the desk (did not see any kiosks), the agent passed your passport under his scanning machine, information came up on his screen, handed back card and passport and you were on your way out. Took, at the most, maybe 15 min. in that GE line. Worth it's weight in gold!

Hope to be able to use this app in Port Everglades when I return on the Eurodam on November 26th. I am still unclear about whether Port Everglades has wifi available as I do not have data on my phone or ipad. I know that I can complete all the info on the ship with my internet plan, but I'm assuming i will need wifi for my ipad at customs.:confused:

Hope to be able to use this app in Port Everglades when I return on the Eurodam on November 26th. I am still unclear about whether Port Everglades has wifi available as I do not have data on my phone or ipad. I know that I can complete all the info on the ship with my internet plan, but I'm assuming i will need wifi for my ipad at customs.:confused:

No, you don't need a WIFI connection for it to work. Just don't try to fill the form out before 4 hours prior to disembarkation.

Does anyone know if you can put more than one passport per phone? Mine is done, but I cannot figure out how to do the 2nd. My husband does not have a smartphone.
Don't know about the iPhone but on my Samsung (Android) there is a green circle with a plus sign on it. After you touch that you can scan his passport or close the scan screen and enter the information manually. Then you will have to get his photo and you're done. Bob

We were the only ones using this when we disembarked on Sunday. Was amazing I hope it doesn't get to popular so we can enjoy faster!!
I hope to use it in January. Was the line clearly marked? How did you find out what terminal you would dock at? When did you fill out the form? Thanks. Bob

Does anyone know if you can put more than one passport per phone? Mine is done, but I cannot figure out how to do the 2nd. My husband does not have a smartphone.

You'll want to do this just like you only fill out 1 customs form per household. So follow the instructions CTBob provided to add him to your app. I imagine there's little difference between the iPhone and Androids.

Has anyone figured out how to select Port Everglades as an entry port? All I have is airports and airlines. I don't find it on my app. :confused:

Edited by 0bnxshs

Unfortunately, Android version still does not have the "Ports" option yet. :rolleyes: Thanks for the reply!
I read somewhere that the ports would be added for Android this month. I guess we'll see. Fortunately I still have two months before my cruise. Bob

Who is the best person to ask which terminal you are in when you arrive?

It's not likely most of us have access to the best person to ask which terminal a ship will arrive at. I would inquire at the Front Desk; it may take them a few hours to be able to answer your question. I'd ask a day or so before disembarkation day.

You'll want to do this just like you only fill out 1 customs form per household. So follow the instructions CTBob provided to add him to your app. I imagine there's little difference between the iPhone and Androids.

Has anyone figured out how to select Port Everglades as an entry port? All I have is airports and airlines. I don't find it on my app. :confused:

The first frame on the app, check mark the ship.

IMG_0985.jpg.3fa071c587b7aff443ec0b986fbf75ea.jpg

For those using Port Everglades there is an iPad or iPhone app called CruiseSchedule Port Everglades that lists all ships departing and from which terminal over the next 30 days. So if you look up the sailing following yours its departure terminal should be the same as your arrival terminal. Example: If your cruise on the Eurodam is departing this Saturday on the 19th it says that your departure is from terminal 21. The following cruise of the Eurodam on November 26th departs from terminal 26. Therefore your arrival must be terminal 26. For those on the 11/23 Koningsdam cruise your departure is from terminal 26 and the next cruise on 12/4 is from terminal 21 so that must be your arrival terminal. The only problem I see with the app is that I am only getting 16 days of info and not the advertised 30. Hope this helps. Bob

So from what I understand, there are 2 separate lines: GE/Nexus and MPC, correct? I have Nexus so is it advisable to download and use the MPC app too?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Forums mobile app

Until MPC becomes more popular choose the shorter line. I think eventually the GE/Nexus will be your better choice. Bob