Golden Lion Pub on QM2

Maple_Girl

Good Morning!

We leave for our first crossing 2 months from today and I am very excited! Can anyone tell me if the Golden Lion Pub is open for lunch on embarkment day? What beverages (aside from water) are 'complimentary' with lunch in the pub? (juice/soda?)

Thanks!!

I have had lunch there in the past on Transatlantic embarkation days. But on Sept 20 this year we were very disappointed to board in Southampton and get no pub lunch. The pub was open to serve drinks but no lunch. Cunard should change this and offer lunch on every embarkation day!

It wasn't open on embarkation day on my crossing - I think they expect the first meal to be dinner, at least it was for me. But I suppose there's always King's Court.

For "at sea" days the best advice I can give is to get their early so you can get a good seat, it was always packed out. The food was quite frankly superb, especially the chicken curry or the steak and ale pie. Either of those with a cold pint of lager was a treasure.

As others have said, it seems to be inconsistent. We boarded for the crossing on 18 October and were resigned to using the buffet. However, we checked on the off-chance, and the pub was indeed serving the full pub lunch menu. Result!

On our previous crossing that wasn't the case, but on the one before that it was (all Southampton embarkation). I'm sure there's a reason for the lack of consistency, but I have no idea what it is, nor whether there is any way of predicting it

For "at sea" days the best advice I can give is to get there early so you can get a good seat, it was always packed out. The food was quite frankly superb, especially the chicken curry or the steak and ale pie. Either of those with a cold pint of lager was a treasure.

Personally a fan of their cottage pie and fish and chips. We also found that seats were easy to find for "second sitting" after the first folks had finished. (I seem to recall that they served 12-2. Around 1:15-1:30 there was no problem getting a table, and it was still early enough to not inconvenience the staff)

Fingers crossed that they'll be open on the first day for our crossings in May.

I have had lunch there in the past on Transatlantic embarkation days. But on Sept 20 this year we were very disappointed to board in Southampton and get no pub lunch. The pub was open to serve drinks but no lunch. Cunard should change this and offer lunch on every embarkation day!

Lunch in the Golden Lion Pub is only offered when crew members aren't engaged in 'too many other 'activities' going on onboard around the ship on Embarkation days . For example, when there are no shoreside events being held in other venues or a large number of day visitors ( who would often be invited for lunch in the Britannia Restaurant)

Lunch is guaranteed to be served whenever the guest/passenger count is high or whenever there are large number of in transit guests.

Good Morning!

We leave for our first crossing 2 months from today and I am very excited! Can anyone tell me if the Golden Lion Pub is open for lunch on embarkment day? What beverages (aside from water) are 'complimentary' with lunch in the pub? (juice/soda?)

Thanks!!

I doubt if you'll be served any complimentary beverages in the Pub ( you'll need to visit the Kings court for a selection of these)

The Golden Lion Pub like any of the Cocktail Bars onboard Cunard are really all about Bar Revenue.