What to do! Suggestions??

mabones

We will be on the Carnival Sunshine at the end of March 2017. We are scheduled to be in Curacao from 2pm-10pm. It seems a bit late to go to the beach, so what do you do?

Perhaps a tour that takes you out and about maybe to the ostrich farm or National Park and ends at a good restaurant?

You would also have time for an afternoon snorkel if you enjoy that activity.

There's also a floating market and several self walking routes to follow.

I'd much rather dock at 8 or 9AM!

Edited by evandbob

We will be on the Carnival Sunshine at the end of March 2017. We are scheduled to be in Curacao from 2pm-10pm. It seems a bit late to go to the beach, so what do you do?

What do you like to do in ports? Curacao, if memory serves has the floating bridge, the fort converted to the shopping mall, and a beach within a half mile walk (left out of the port).

I am sure there will be tons of island tour guides waiting at two and we had fun just having one of of the local tour us around to the alcohol factory and the various places on the island.

Have you looked at what Sunshine is offering for excursions? That could point you in the right direction for ideas.

Thank you for the reply. There will be 6 of us and we were all set to make reservations at Santa Barbara Beach Resort but I can't see only going for a couple hours at that price. I agree with you. I would much prefer early morning docking. The last time we were there we went sailing & snorkeling for the day. Before that we did an Island Tour.

• 1 month later...

Hi- Curacao has so many interesting places to visit.

We would go sightseeing in town (see a walking tour) and then have a drink at the Avila Hotel a little ways from the center of town. Avila has a good website.

We have taken a taxi up to Fort Nassau for lunch or dinner, but they have specific times for meals which are posted on their website. The panoramic view from the fort is a great experience.

• 1 month later...

I have two links for you. The first is someone else also wondering what to do during the same hours. Notice my response (which is also linked) beneath that.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52125080#post52125080

#50 on the above thread

I was given this recommendation on my last cruises roll call and thought it might be of interest as there's an option of tours starting at 2:00 p.m. Take a look (I can give you specifics on who it was who suggested it if you'd like)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2431171

I have two links for you. The first is someone else also wondering what to do during the same hours. Notice my response (which is also linked) beneath that.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52125080#post52125080

#50 on the above thread

I was given this recommendation on my last cruises roll call and thought it might be of interest as there's an option of tours starting at 2:00 p.m. Take a look (I can give you specifics on who it was who suggested it if you'd like)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2431171

Why are you posting 2 links to the same thread for Aruba? This is the Curacao forum. And on that Aruba thread you also put in a link to the same thread that you were responding to.

• 6 months later...

I hope this thread is not "cruise-line specific", but we are booked on a cruise, which includes Curacao, in December...Looking at the offerings by our ship, there is one--the "Hato Caves" and I cannot find any comments here about that...Anyone???