Army National Guard qualify for current Military special?

Christine in MO

Just a FYI though, military specials aren't always the best deals.

This is absolutely true ! My husband and I have only booked a military rate ONE time, and actually it wasn't that we booked it, but price matched it from our early saver rate. We always look for the military rate, but that is the only time that it worked to our advantage.

Ok thanks for the advice. I checked and it is actually the same price as ES and has a $50 OBC Booking tomorrow!!! Does anyone know what military info I will need from my step-son to provide to the carnival agent while booking?

Edited by Christine in MO

Does anyone know what military info I will need from my step-son to provide to the carnival agent while booking?

He will have to email or fax a copy of his enlistment papers and a Photo I.D OR a copy of his military I.D. and a Photo I.D. with any info like SSNs blacked out

FYI... It is against federal law to make a photocopy of a military ID.

When I had to provide proof of my military service I sent them a copy of my DD-214 (I'm retired military) with my SSN blocked out.

I'm not sure what proof an active duty member could provide.

Best bet would be to call Carnival and ask what exactly they need as proof.

The military member has 72 hours after booking to email the proof of military service to interline@carnival.com before they could possibly rescind the military rate.

Once proof is emailed to Carnival, you don't ever have to provide it again for any future cruises.

We have booked military rate a few times. First we booked ES and when the military rate had some OBC offered we switched over. I had to furnish the DD214 as proof. Carnival will tell you what has to be sent to them as proof.

Ok thanks for the advice. I checked and it is actually the same price as ES and has a $50 OBC Booking tomorrow!!! Does anyone know what military info I will need from my step-son to provide to the carnival agent while booking?

For active military, he needs to send a copy of his LES (leave and earning statement) with his social security number blacked out within 72 hours of booking. You can email that to interline@carnival.com