Can you remove the automatic tip for Spa services?

wizdiz

I love getting a good massage. To me it's so very relaxing. The ship experience of a massage is ruined for me by the high pressure sales they always try. To the point they almost guilt you to say no and this just kills the level of relaxation from the massage. I have even tried telling them before the massage if they don't do the sales after I will tip extra because it ruins it for me... It never works. I have tried telling them when I book no pressure sales.. That also never works.. Is there anyway I could say if you try to sell my anything you will lose your tip and will say so on the comment card you don't listen to customers? I have tried being nice about it. I really feel they over do it to a point they can get rude. Is there a way to not have to be sold something after you're already spending good money on a massage? I am one who believes in tipping. In the MDR I normally always tip. Buffet the guy who makes an omelet I tip. So this isn't about the tip / money. It's about getting my requests respected. I have even asked if they're insist on selling sell me before the massage.

I guess you could tell them that they would lose their tip and then go to the Manager of the spa and ask for it to be removed, but I personally think this is a rude way to go about it and could impact how good the service is that you receive, especially since you would be telling them prior to them laying their hands on you.

I simply say, the first time they bring up a product, that I'm not interested in any products right now, but if I change my mind I'll definitely come back and talk with them and have never had anyone ask again about products.

Some have posted that they put "no sales pitches", etc. on the form you have to fill out and they say that works.

The 18% is automatically added to your spa service so no, it can't be removed. Quite frankly I prefer my massages from my masseuse on land than to any I've had at sea.

Just say at the outset that you're not interested in any product or sales and leave it at that. Or just enjoy a relaxing one at home before you leave and save the big bucks it costs on board and you won't have to deal with the sales pitch.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Spa services are run by a company under contract to the cruise-line. They provide a bill to the cruise line to be posted on your ship account . If you have a problem with their service. You'll have to talk to Spa manager not the ships customer service. Who has no control over their charges.

It's the same as the bar 18% which can't be removed.

I enjoy spa services on every cruise. On the form they have you fill out beforehand, I write "No product sales please" then also tell the spa person the same before my massage, pedicure etc begin. Have never had anyone try to sell me anything.

Tracy

Thanks I will try this method.

I have had luck on the Dawn and Jewel class ships using the "no sales please" on the intake form - but no such love on the BA. I know what you mean about it putting a damper on the experience - but they work on commission and are directed to perform this task. :(

On my October 9 cruise on the BA, at the end of my massage, the therapist informed me that I had scoliosis and should go right to the salesman and get fitted for shoe inserts. NEVER AGAIN! This was from a massage therapist on a cruise ship. I'll take my medical advice from my doctor. I was very annoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by carol54

I enjoy spa services on every cruise. On the form they have you fill out beforehand, I write "No product sales please" then also tell the spa person the same before my massage, pedicure etc begin. Have never had anyone try to sell me anything.

This is exactly what I do and have had success as well. Good luck!